Tower Bridge Road Basilico Bikes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 16 July 2015 2.41pm
Am I the only one who wonders why they spent loads of our money making the TBR/Grange Road junction look great with lovely new paving and removing the small road; only to have all the Basilico motorcycles parking on the pavement and their tyres marking the new paving. One step forward - two back here Southwark council. I can't think who to raise this with as the council have a habit of ignoring pavement parking in our area.
Thursday 16 July 2015 3.21pm
Hi Jerry

The Fix My Street website is great in this case. Once you select the correct council and complaint type - the site will make sure it goes to the correct department. I find this much more accurate than looking up anything on the Southwark Council website. Cheers.
Thursday 16 July 2015 10.49pm
Worth noting that Tower Bridge Road- and the current roadworks - are managed by TfL (being a red route) rather than the council

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 17 July 2015 6.53am
I understand exactly where you're coming from, Jerry, and I agree it is marking the new paving, which otherwise looks very nice. Have some sympathy with the Basilico predicament though because, as far as I know, there is no rear access to their premises and the former market road has been removed. Perhaps I should've paid more regard to statutory advertisements/gone to see plans - if I could be bothered(!) - but I don't recall seeing it published that that was the intention. Basilico will undoubtedly have to make alternative arrangements.
Friday 17 July 2015 4.38pm
It is slightly annoying but not as annoying as their moped delivery riders riding along the pavement without paying any attention to pedestrians.
CC
Monday 24 August 2015 5.15pm
Understandably this is not great for Basilico, but maybe they could park only a few bikes there or at least park them on the side of the square closer to TBR so that they are not just dropped in the middle? As tough as it is if they at least tried to not disturb maybe people would have less problems with it?

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: