Fridge freezer looking for a new home

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 July 2015 10.57am
Hello,

We are replacing our integrated Neff 70:30 fridge freezer and would like to offer it to anyone who would like it.

It is 15 years old so neither sparkly nor new; the salad drawers each have a crack from over-filling and the rubber seals could do with replacing, I'm sure. However, it keeps things cold/frozen and seems to have some life left in it! It would be great if it could be of any use to someone instead of going to landfill (I have already posted on Freecycle but been let down by the person who was taking it and I will contact BHF if no interest on here). Energy rating B.

Collection asap. Must bring someone else to help with moving it as I cannot help.

Please message me if you would like it - happy to send exterior and interior photos - stating what times and days you can collect from Bermondsey SE1 area.
Thursday 23 July 2015 12.28pm
My fridge freezer went after it was moved after 34 years Nina , had it put outside for collection within fifteen minutes a tiny man knocked and said could he take it, he tried to get in on a trolley and nearly fell backwards..the quality of replacement is like comparing a rolls Royce to a skoda! Is there any scrap dealers in yellow pages? With metal prices being so high they'd collect it ASAP.
Thursday 23 July 2015 12.58pm
You need to be careful when scraping a fridge - you could even get into trouble with the law. Have a look here.
Thursday 23 July 2015 6.39pm
Crikey Boss St.bloke, never knew that! My refrigerator..freezer I bought in 1981..when it finally gave up the ghost I phoned collections and workman doing the kitchen carried outside to be collected, not on the street but still outside..

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: