Decent Curry house SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 24 July 2015 12.11pm
Hello,

My parents are staying in SE1 London for the weekend and I would like some recommendations on good curry take away to order from.
Friday 24 July 2015 12.29pm
My favourite is Simply Indian in Tabard St - they use very fresh ingredients. I either eat in or telephone and pick up the order myself.
Friday 24 July 2015 12.49pm
Raja (East Street) is my favourite curry takeaway - best way to place the order is through phoning them direct (apparently they've had some problems with the online ordering on their own website). The food's delicious though..... I'm veggie and my favourite is the vegetable naga.
Friday 24 July 2015 12.52pm
I've used Bermondsey Tandoori a few times, good food and friendly chaps.
Friday 24 July 2015 3.05pm
I've found Est India to be have most consistent quality and quick delivery times.

A decent app to find takeaway in London is Just Eat.
(Est India is on there)

Happy eating.
Friday 24 July 2015 4.14pm
I would say forget about a takeaway/delivery, and take your parents down to a Brick Lane Bangla eatery instead...
Friday 24 July 2015 4.16pm
If you are near Tower Bridge, give Mumbai a go.

And Cafe Nawaz, behind Guy's Hospital is excellent.
Friday 24 July 2015 4.18pm
Jules62 wrote:
I would say forget about a takeaway/delivery, and take your parents down to a Brick Lane Bangla eatery instead...

Over the years, Brick Lane is less of a good eating experience and more of a blatant tourist orientated rip off. Just my opinion.
Friday 24 July 2015 4.34pm
I agree with BSB vis--vis Brick Lane. There are undoubtedly good places over there, but sorting the wheat from the chaff is impossible.

Shad on Tooley Street is good for takeaway. I like the lamb sikandara[?], which is delicious. The lamb literally falls away from the bone and it's very tasty.
Friday 24 July 2015 7.41pm
Agree with RobB, Est India on Union Street, always consistent, good portions and traditional Indian food!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: