New Lebanese restaurant

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Friday 31 July 2015 12.30am
The mini market by Borough Station is now being transformed into a Lebanese Restaurant, hope it's as good as the old Hiba!!
Friday 31 July 2015 9.24am
Yes please! We still mourn the passing of Hiba.

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 31 July 2015 3.23pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Yes please! We still mourn the passing of Hiba.

Personally I mourn the passing of the supermarket - very convenient to Borough station, and much more useful than yet another restaurant.
Friday 31 July 2015 4.11pm
Hmm, to be fair, we're quite short of small supermarkets around Borough tube.

It's a whole 3 mins walk to either the Tesco or the Sainsbury.

Yes, if you lived here 20-odd years ago, when there was very little around that was open in the evenings, the shop by the tube station was a really useful place to buy milk, half-stale bread, Special Brew, etc on your way home from work. I used to use it quite often.

I find that if I ever get a bit nostalgic and want to go to a poorly-stocked shop with erratic opening hours, it's not all that far to walk to Gt Suffolk St. Maybe I'll see you there...

Friday 31 July 2015 4.30pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Hmm, to be fair, we're quite short of small supermarkets around Borough tube.
It's a whole 3 mins walk to either the Tesco or the Sainsbury.

Yes, if you lived here 20-odd years ago, when there was very little around that was open in the evenings, the shop by the tube station was a really useful place to buy milk, half-stale bread, Special Brew, etc on your way home from work. I used to use it quite often.

I find that if I ever get a bit nostalgic and want to go to a poorly-stocked shop with erratic opening hours, it's not all that far to walk to Gt Suffolk St. Maybe I'll see you there...

Still remained the only supermarket I'd actually pass on the way home from the tube station - and yes, I suppose I did first use it twenty years ago. But it would still be more useful to me than a Lebanese restaurant!

Now if only Nelson's would open in the evening, that would be useful!
Friday 31 July 2015 6.12pm
Just be thankful it is not another Starbucks , Costa or Pret.
Monday 3 August 2015 11.35am
Loosing its alcohol licence was the death knell for the mini market. Sadly, as it was quite useful.
Monday 3 August 2015 12.51pm
Why did it lose its license?

Monday 3 August 2015 12.54pm
Sellin booze to underage customers
Monday 3 August 2015 1.49pm
Oh. Can't really argue with that, I suppose. Thanks.

Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: