Tower Bridge weddings

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 2 August 2015 2.07pm
Hi there,

I've read on here and elsewhere that it is possible to hold a civil ceremony in Tower Bridge for around 600. However, from what I can see online I can only find a third party offering expensive packages. Does anyone know more?

Ta
Monday 3 August 2015 8.15am
If I am not mistaken you need to contact either the council or the Tower Bridge people directly. There is an office in the South west lowest tower (if that makes sense)
Monday 3 August 2015 9.14am
fusionsnow wrote:
Hi there,
I've read on here and elsewhere that it is possible to hold a civil ceremony in Tower Bridge for around 600. However, from what I can see online I can only find a third party offering expensive packages. Does anyone know more?

Ta

We're currently looking into using Tower Bridge as a wedding venue - on the TB website they ask that you contact "Seasoned Events" for further info, which I have done this morning.

I might try Tattle's suggestion though and go to the office there and ask.

Will report back if I find out anything further :)
Monday 3 August 2015 9.21am
Interestingly they have a room licensed for civil ceremonies on either side of the bridge, and you can therefore choose whether to be married in Tower Hamlet or Southwark.
Monday 3 August 2015 9.43pm
Thanks - will try swing by the office at some point. "Seasoned Events" want to sell a package that is far more expensive than what I've seen quoted previously. I'm guessing the Tower Bridge people may have given them exclusive rights.
Tuesday 4 August 2015 11.11pm
I got married in the walkwats at Tower Bridge last October. We understood that we were the first to use the glass walkways for the actual service. The registrars table has to be carefully placed so that the couple and registrars sit before the midpoint in the river! There are other rooms in both Towers which can be used for the ceremonies. Although the bridge is owned by the City Corporation, the northern half is in Tower Hamlets and the Southern end in Southwark.

Seasoned Events have exclusive use of Tower Bridge for all functions so I do not believe that you can just have the ceremony there per se. The cost is many many multiples of the 600 quoted - if for no other reason than the registrar cost is 900.

Realistically, the earliest ceremony is 6:30pm as the bridge is open to the public until approx 5:30pm.
Wednesday 5 August 2015 2.01pm
marcusm wrote:
The cost is many many multiples of the 600 quoted - if for no other reason than the registrar cost is 900.

Wednesday 5 August 2015 2.40pm
It used to be possible to just book the Bridge Master's dining room (south of the river) for the ceremony. No events company involved. If it is still possible I'd recomend it. Alternatively, the HMS Belfast might be an option?
Thursday 6 August 2015 1.02am
Tattie wrote:
It used to be possible to just book the Bridge Master's dining room (south of the river) for the ceremony. No events company involved. If it is still possible I'd recomend it. Alternatively, the HMS Belfast might be an option?

My younger son was married in the Bridge Master's rooms on the south side of the bridge, and the reception was held on the West walkway, (think it was the West.)
No idea of the cost, I gave him a couple of grand toward it, but it was a good day, my new daughter-in-law looked a million dollars, my kid was as happy as Larry, my elder son was swaying a bit, cuddling his little brother, and telling him how much he loved him.
My ex-wife was spitting feathers, because our sons spent most of the evening drinking with me, but they certainly made a fuss of their mother, topping up her champagne whenever it got low.
I'd recommend the venue to anyone.
Thursday 6 August 2015 2.56pm
Thanks all. Just to clarify - the 600 i had heard would have been for venue hire alone, excluding the registrar fee.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network