Airport Taxis

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 3 August 2015 8.18am
Searched through past messages, seen recommendations dating up to 2013. So thought about asking more recent recommendation if anyone here has used taxis for airport transfer from SE1.

Thanks!
Monday 3 August 2015 8.41am
Try Uber or Kabbee, my experiences for airport use have been positive. They normally avoid going via picadilly circus as well. Can often get for 38.00 opposed to the 54.00 fixed price.
Monday 3 August 2015 9.48am
I've been really impressed with the Hailo fixed-pricing.

I can go from Borough to Heathrow T5 in a black cab, that knows the way, and can go in the bus lane, for 50.
Monday 3 August 2015 9.59am
I recently got the Gatwick Express. I had a local company take me to Victoria then caught the train. Was much cheaper to.
Monday 3 August 2015 10.09am
For Gatwick the Thameslink (or whatever it's called now) is unbeatable from London Bridge in my opinion - any cab seems to take ages through Croydon etc.
Monday 3 August 2015 10.14am
Pops wrote:
I recently got the Gatwick Express. I had a local company take me to Victoria then caught the train. Was much cheaper to.

I guess it might depend on where you live in SE1, but there are cheaper trains out of Blackfriars and/or London Bridge to Gatwick. They may not be 'Express' but often only 1 or 2 stops, so not much different in terms of time. So when you factor in the time (and money) to get to Victoria, could be a better option.

If you have a smartphone, the CityMapper app does a decent job of laying out some options for you.
Monday 3 August 2015 10.23am
RobB wrote:
Pops wrote:

I guess it might depend on where you live in SE1, but there are cheaper trains out of Blackfriars and/or London Bridge to Gatwick. They may not be 'Express' but often only 1 or 2 stops, so not much different in terms of time. So when you factor in the time (and money) to get to Victoria, could be a better option.

If you have a smartphone, the CityMapper app does a decent job of laying out some options for you.

Was at 3am!! I don't think Thames Link runs during the night? Correct me if I am wrong though.
Monday 3 August 2015 10.27am
Pops wrote:
Was at 3am!! I don't think Thames Link runs during the night? Correct me if I am wrong though.

There is a gap between 00:40 and 02:40. Otherwise it's half hourly overnight and more frequently during the day.

Trains run from Blackfriars through the night to Gatwick.
Monday 3 August 2015 10.51am
Thanks for the responses. Main reason of not thinking of Uber/Hailo is the fact that I would need the cab to arrive at around 4am to reach Stansted around 5am.
Monday 3 August 2015 11.00am
try get taxi - they operate 24 hours. You cn either book in advance or at the time you want to leave. Bear in mind it's not a cheap trip though! The stansted express has started running very early on Frdiays if that helps at all.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: