Picture framer recommendation

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 3 August 2015 11.42am
I have a photo and a tapestry that both need to be reframed. Could anyone recommend a picture framer or gallery in SE1 or SE16 who does a quality job?

Many thanks
Monday 3 August 2015 12.48pm
We've had a fair few things done at Bijan on TBR.

They've been good, although the owner sometimes has some strong views on how things should be done. Often, his advice has been really helpful. Once or twice, we've had strong views as well, and have had to make sure that he does what we wanted rather than what he thinks best. However, the quality of work has been good and I'd go to them again.

There's also Pure & Applied on Bermondsey St, but they were a biggish step up in terms of price when I last checked with them (I can't speak for their quality, as we've had nothing done there).

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 3 August 2015 1.41pm
I've used Bijan a number of times & always been very happy with them
Monday 3 August 2015 2.40pm
There is Dyson Art in the arch on Ewer Street
http://dysonart.com/
Tuesday 4 August 2015 3.55am
I'd second Southbank Art by elephant. Really helpful and great results. I've used them several times.
Tuesday 4 August 2015 10.34am
I'd echo all of the above. Southbank Art are good, and reasonable. They do a straightforward job.

Bijan do an exceptional job, but he's quite a character.

I tend to get the every day stuff done at Southbank and anything unusual or really special done at Bijan.
Tuesday 4 August 2015 11.21am
Ivanhoe wrote:
We've had a fair few things done at Bijan on TBR.
They've been good, although the owner sometimes has some strong views on how things should be done. Often, his advice has been really helpful. Once or twice, we've had strong views as well, and have had to make sure that he does what we wanted rather than what he thinks best. However, the quality of work has been good and I'd go to them again.

There's also Pure & Applied on Bermondsey St, but they were a biggish step up in terms of price when I last checked with them (I can't speak for their quality, as we've had nothing done there).

Very true: Bijan is strong minded and a truly excellent craftsman. I recommend him wholeheartedly.
Tuesday 4 August 2015 11.54am
Thank you to everyone who has replied to my query. All responses have been very helpful - much appreciated

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network