Bermondsey Spa Practice

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 4 August 2015 12.24pm
Hello,

Sorry if there's a topic on this already but I'm hoping for some advice on GPs. I live on Spa Road and am registered with Bermondsey Spa Practice. The last few times I've tried to get an appointment, the only one they could offer me was weeks away. I just called again as I need one fairly urgently and the earliest they could offer was the 2nd September! This is absolutely ridiculous.

Are there any other local practices someone can recommend or is this the norm in Southwark? I've only lived here less than a year having been in Lambeth before which was also busy but not quite that bad.
Tuesday 4 August 2015 12.32pm
It is generally very busy and difficult to get an appointment within ten days. If it's an emergency you can go in the mornings and try to get an appointment on the day (go early and sit in the front row of seats). I think they do those at 9:30am and 2pm.
Tuesday 4 August 2015 3.08pm
I think their system is pretty good, considering the pressure they are under. Yes, "normal" appointment bookings can be 1 - 2 weeks. They also have the "emergency" system as described.

I went for the first time in 14 years (!) with something that really could not wait. Once I understood the "normal" and "emergency" bookings I opted for the 3rd option - the rather excellent Urgent Care Centre at Guy's.

Be warned, if you are taking the mickey to jump the "normal" and "emergency" queues, you will quickly get rumbled at Guy's UCC during the triage process and sent on your way!

Anyway, just pointing out the 3rd option.
Wednesday 5 August 2015 10.48pm
All the gp surgeries in the area are massively over subscribed, which is hardly surprising seeing the number of new flats being built. You can always get to see a gp if it is really urgent by phoning up first thing in the morning, but yes, it can be weeks to get a routine appointment.

My own surgery is Bermondsey and Lansdowne which has 2 centres, one at Decima St and one at the Artesian in Grange Road, but I don't know if you'd be in the catchment area. Again you have to wait a fair bit but they are very good.
Saturday 8 August 2015 11.37pm
I am immensely fortunate to have been with the same Surgery for 27 years - a rare, small 'old fashioned' surgery in that one can usually get an appointment within 48 hrs, often the following day, and I know exactly who I am going to see. Continuity is so important but has become a thing of the past, as surgeries have increased in size. Listening to my friends, and the stories of being called by the Doctor to see if they warrant an appointment, long delays, rude receptionists etc., I really appreciate the excellent service I receive.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: