Nurseries

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 5 August 2015 3.55pm
Hello all!

I would very much appreciate your help. I have tried to post on Borough Babies, but the group no longer accepts posts discussing specific nurseries. I have, of course, also searched threads here, but most are quite old. So, please, please, please...

Could anyone give me personal feedback on local nurseries? I live in Shad Thames and have been recommended Arc (which now has a year's waiting list - gulp) and have been advised against the nursery nearest to me.

If anyone has any personal experience in particular of the Arc, Bright Horizons at Tabard Square or Leo's Den I would very much appreciate your feedback - these *appear* to be the best of the nurseries nearest to me. I plan on visiting them all, but I would be so grateful for anything you could add.

Thanks so much,

Elizabeth
Friday 7 August 2015 8.27pm
Kintore way is brilliant. My daughter has been there for nearly two years. Feel free to pm me if you want specifics.
Friday 7 August 2015 8.45pm
Thank you! I've just received another recommendation for Kintore Way. Will definitely look into that. I've also now had a few recommendations for the Arc in particular. Thanks so much!! Elizabeth
Sunday 9 August 2015 8.02pm
Kintore is amazing, but is closing it's under 3's nursery provision. I don't think they are accepting any new applications. This is to make way for the compulsory places that Southwark now have to offer to 2 and 3 year olds - the old 15 hours a week for 3 year olds has now been extended to 2 year olds, from 2016 I believe. Shame, as it was amazing.

Avoid Bright Horizons - hideous corporate place. My son hated it and I though the staff were totally not interested in the kids.
Monday 10 August 2015 8.12am
I second Kintore way, it was and is brilliant, never knew that it was closing the list for new applications, what a shame. The is a nursery in the old pub in Law street, was told a year or to back it was nice? How old is your little one Minnie? Charles Dickens nursery was very good to, but don't know what age range they take.

I think nurseries are the new Care Homes, where some unscrupulous owners pay pathetic rates of pay and may not check credentials of staff!
Monday 10 August 2015 4.07pm
Thank so much Jan! I have 2 and a half year old twins. But I'm not looking at sending them to nursery for at least 3 months and am prepared to wait for the right nursery. I've got on the waiting list for the Arc because people only seem to have good things to say about it. But that also seems to be the case for Kintore Way - so I'm going to get investigating that, because it sounds great and if it's possibly an option for 3+ then we'd be prepared to wait. Thanks so much for your advice.

For anyone else looking, I've heard only ringing endorsements for the Arc, Kintore Way and Coin St. And unfortunately I've heard only negative things about Bright Horizons in Tabard Sq.

Thanks so much again!

Elizabeth
Monday 10 August 2015 7.25pm
My Nephew is 4, and attends the Montessori nursery across the river in the Isle of Dogs.

My Brother and his partner are very happy about how they look after their son and he seems to love it there.
Wednesday 12 August 2015 7.20am
Thanks so much Jules, that's great to know. The more I look into it the more I'm prioritizing walking distance, so Isle of Dogs probably not for us. But thanks so much for your personal feedback - it all adds to the picture. Elizabeth
Wednesday 12 August 2015 7.42am
My son went to little Acorns Drummond Road some years back so first hand expereience is a bit old but my experience then was very good and a friends daughter has just left there to start school and my friend has nothing but praise for the nursery.

Also you can look at Ofsted reports for nurseries now and go and visit them-you can often get a feel for them just by a visit and of course talking to the mums and dads there and on a forum like this!

Good luck with even getting a place !!
MCR
Wednesday 12 August 2015 8.43am
My 18 month old has been at Strawberry Babybubs for just under a year. As with all of them in the area it's oversubscribed so view then all ASAP. Kevin, Emily and the girls are excellent, can't recommend it enough.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network