Key cutting?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 5 August 2015 5.04pm
Anyone on the forum able to recommend a key cutting service in SE1 please. It is a Yale key.
Many Thanks
Wednesday 5 August 2015 5.09pm
Worrall's in Great Suffolk Street

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 5 August 2015 5.25pm
There's a kiosk outside Tesco on Old Kent Road.
Wednesday 5 August 2015 6.04pm
I've used the shoemender on Walworth Rd (not quite SE1 / opposite M&S) a few times and he's been very quick and cheap.
Wednesday 5 August 2015 6.45pm
Thank you
Wednesday 5 August 2015 8.39pm
There's one down the marsh
Wednesday 5 August 2015 9.29pm
I have found that shops that cut keys as a sideline usually do not do the best of jobs and are relatively expensive.
Timpsons large kiosk by the entrance to Tesco's on the Old Kent Road are brilliant. Over the last two months they have cut two complete sets of house keys for me (20) and today made two electronic key fobs for 20 whilst I waited. Each time they have told me to return if there were any problems, there has been no need to return. They checked my car key and told me they would chip and program a new one for 60, that's the next job they get from me. And all done whilst you wait and with a smile too.
Do try them.
Wednesday 5 August 2015 11.25pm
James Hatts wrote:

+1 for G Worrall & Son.

They are not a heel bar that doubles up as a key cutter: they are proper locksmiths and really know what they are doing.
Thursday 6 August 2015 12.01am
Timpsons at Tesco OKR entrance only cut keys and do not repair shoes.
One would assume from Jules62 post he has probably had the same experience as me that the two services, heel bar and key cutting, do not usually mix well and that is why I thoroughly recommend Timpsons , they only cut keys.

Of course there is the added advantage that one can drop the keys off to be made whilst you do your shopping and return to pick up the keys on your way out.
Thursday 6 August 2015 4.44pm
Just been along to Worrall's.
The service was friendly, the key was cut in seconds, and the price was very reasonable at 4.20 for a Yale key.

Thank you James for your recommendation, and Jules62 too.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: