Bermondsey Spa area?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
emu
Sunday 9 August 2015 11.47am
Im thinking of renting/ buying in the Bermondsey Spa area - around spa road/ Alscott road/ grange road/ The Grange area. Those of you who know it, what's it like? would you recommend it? any developments/ streets that are particularly good or not so great? Love to know more about the area
Monday 10 August 2015 10.07pm
I've lived here for more than 20 years and think it's a really good area, though I'm lucky to have a housing association flat - i couldn't afford to live here otherwise!
There are buses going to Waterloo, Liverpool St and Victoria, and the Bermondsey tube is not too far away.
Tuesday 11 August 2015 10.54am
We moved into a house on Abbey Street a year ago and find that we have some loud neighbours and the street is a bit noisey even after 10 p.m. This is probably because Abbey Street itself is quite busy with traffic to and from Tower Bridge / London Bridge. Otherwise its a great area to live in - minutes away from Maltby St. Market, all the breweries, Spa Terminus, fairly close to Southwark Park and all that it has to offer for kids (if you have them). Also very close to Bermondsey Street and still within walking distance of London Bridge. There isn't much to complain about besides our loud neighbours. A new build will handle noise better than our Georgian terrace.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: