Franco Manca coming to Bermondsey Street!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 13 August 2015 4.54pm
At last, after several years of "will they won't they" - I've seen that 124 Bermondsey Street will be a Franco Manca! It's a really small venue - start queuing!
Saturday 15 August 2015 1.09pm
Calm down. It's just a pizza joint. One step up from a fried chicken shop really.
Saturday 15 August 2015 1.50pm
boroughbloke wrote:
Calm down. It's just a pizza joint. One step up from a fried chicken shop really.

That doesn't make it any less enjoyable. At least, not for me.
Saturday 15 August 2015 2.07pm
Great rhyming slang, hope it catches on for that reason.

"that boroughonian's ok, bit of a franco though"
Thursday 15 October 2015 11.16pm
Sorry if I've missed it but I don't think anyone's mentioned Franco Manca yet...

It's finally arrived on Bermondsey Street, after what seems like two years. They've been open since last week. I was in there tonight and it was good. If you went to the original in Brixton, before the chain mentality kicked in, it's not really comparable. But, if you're on the street and would like an inexpensive but great tasting pizza in a fresh and fun environment then you can't really go wrong. The staff were lovely, service was speedy and the wine decent.

It's a bit too 'shiny' but for a 6 sourdough pizza I'll be back!
Sunday 18 October 2015 8.14pm
The takeaway is great too, we were very pleased with the quality. Though I feel rather disloyal to our usual haunt (Ticino's excellent pizzas) for saying so!
Sunday 18 October 2015 8.40pm
This place gets a thumbs up from me and my son.
Tuesday 20 October 2015 3.32pm
Went there with Italian family and was so disappointed. I love pizza, love sourdough and have been looking forward to this for months. The dough in the neopolitan I had tasted squidgy and underdone. When I mentioned this they said that's the style for a neopolitan!

This was just 5 days after opening so hopefully just teething issues. But for now Amisha is better for a sit down pizza, and Basilico is MUCH better for take away / delivery - their pizzas are the best in the area IMO
Saturday 31 October 2015 5.55pm
I completely agree with LiviaDrusilla. I went there last week with some friends looking forward to a decent pizza but it was simply below standard and it was exactly as Livia describes it "Squidgy and underdone". We made the manager aware of it so they could improve it and she looked surprised like it was the first time she heard such comment. What now surprises me is that we were not the only people noticing this as few more friends have had the same experience and made the same remarks. Reading Livia's post unfortunately nothing has been done to improve it. Also if they said that it is the style for a neapolitan pizza this shows they have never been to Naples, never had a neapolitan pizza or never been to any other Franco Manca restaurants.
My comment has nothing to do with the price as someone might say "you pay what you get" good price does not necessarily mean substandard product.
Friday 6 November 2015 12.39pm
I was there on the day it opened and the pizza was absolutely fine. You can find better in Neapolitan style in London, but not for the same price.

I kind of enjoy Amisha every now and then, but sorry, their pizza is not good, not even comparable to Franco Manca.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: