Waterless Urinals - saving water, saving money

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Friday 28 August 2015 2.01pm
Being the sort of environmental, sustainable types that we are here on The Draper Estate, we are looking to install waterless urinals in our community hall.
I wondered if any SE1-ers had experience of installing and managing them in their businesses, public spaces, or wherever.
Thanks
No prizes for puns, jokes, or any 'toilet humour'
Friday 28 August 2015 7.23pm
Oh dear - I misread that as watercress urinals! Sounded very alarming............
Saturday 29 August 2015 5.28am
Watercress only needs a sprinkle now and then
Saturday 29 August 2015 8.01am
I believe the opposite is true, watercress needs a constant flow.
Saturday 29 August 2015 9.02am
That only happens if you have a leak somewhere
Saturday 29 August 2015 10.32am
I worked in a building that had a few of these in it. We spoke to the contactor about them and he said they are great but you have to get the maintenance right otherwise they start stinking, something to do with the chemicals used to flush it out. I can't tell you anymore as it was out of my jurisdiction.

They've been around a while so no flash in the pan.
Saturday 29 August 2015 5.53pm
Really cheered me up reading the above posts, sounds a very convenient convenience..
Zoe
Saturday 29 August 2015 7.18pm
Would a compost toilet be something you could try?
Sunday 30 August 2015 7.40pm
boroughonian wrote:
I worked in a building that had a few of these in it. We spoke to the contractor about them and he said they are great but you have to get the maintenance right otherwise they start stinking....

I think there can be a problem if someone pours a bucket of water down in one go, and clears all the oil out of the cartridge

I don't think a compost toilet would work.
Monday 31 August 2015 3.28pm
Why do you need this in your community hall? Presumably you have a water supply to the ordinary toilet - I assume there is one for women to use? Just curious.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: