Early morning ice cream?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 2 September 2015 10.15am
I'm being dead nosey.

Whenever I'm at home midweek, I hear a chime, just like an ice cream van, playing the Benny Hill theme. Every day, around 9am, it plays twice and hear it on Pages Walk. Took me ages to notice it as it's just part of the background noise, but it happens every day.

Do people have early morning ice cream yearnings? Anyone know what it is as it puzzles me every time I hear it.
Wednesday 2 September 2015 12.41pm
I live on Pages Walk, I can't say I've heard it!!
Wednesday 2 September 2015 1.03pm
OMG Pops is it in my head?!?

I does deffo happen every morning. My friend was on Willow Walk today and heard it loud and clear. Listen out tomorrow around 8.55 then again a few minutes later.
Wednesday 2 September 2015 1.46pm
Hahaha!!! Will try tomorrow, likely to be Friday though when I'm working at home!
Friday 4 September 2015 9.04am
Maybe someone has an odd taste in alarm notifications from their mobile?
Friday 4 September 2015 3.28pm
It's too loud for that, SophieLondon. You can hear it indoors and out, and on Willow Walk as well as Pages Walk.

Starting to wonder about my own sanity ;-)
Saturday 5 September 2015 6.29pm
You're not imagining it, because I've been hearing it every weekday morning too for what seems like the last year.

I live on Grange Road and thought it was coming from around the industrial area part of Crimscott Street, but I've never figured out what it is. It was much louder when it first started but it does seem to have quietened down over time, or maybe I've just got used to it.

It's still annoying though.
Thursday 24 September 2015 9.04am
8.58am on Tuesday, 9.01am today. The more I notice it the more I'm intrigued.
Thursday 24 September 2015 11.51am
I saw a man on a bicycle the other day, he had a sound system on it, with a big speaker hooked onto the back wheel. I described the music to my wife as fairground, but I think ice cream van describes it better, I wonder if he starts off from Pages Walk.

It was very loud.
Thursday 24 September 2015 4.49pm
Next time I'm passing The Victoria pub I will ask landlord Pat as he knows everything.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: