Recommend someone to fit flooring in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 3 September 2015 12.46pm
Looking to have some polyflor flooring put down in a flat in SE1 - not a large area.

Can anyone recommend anyone or any companies for a quote?

Friday 4 September 2015 10.36am
Hey! Sorry for replying a day later but if you still haven't found a decent company:

You can get in touch with Fantastic Services for a quote. Their handyman services are satisfying, you can rely on them and they operate in all of London.

I recommend them because last week me and my husband needed someone to mount our TV and these gents did a good job.

I hope this was helpful and good luck with the flooring!
Friday 4 September 2015 10.41am
Never trust someone who starts with the word "Hey!" and claims that a service is "satisfying".

Realdeal, please share the details of whoever you end up using - assuming they're good - as I need someone to lay 30 square metres of solid wood flooring and to remove and renew skirting boards at the same time.
Friday 4 September 2015 2.08pm
That's unduly harsh Gavin, whats wrong with starting a sentence "Hey".

Fanatastic Services get 8.6 on Trustpilot with 508 reviews and CheckaTrade gives them 9.8 from 35 reviews. That I would say is quite a fantastic rating.
Friday 4 September 2015 2.23pm
I wonder if "RosemaryWhite" is @RosemaryWhite88 associated with the gardening part of "Fantastic Services"???
Friday 4 September 2015 2.32pm
On rereading my comment, Jinkazama, it does indeed come across as a bit harsh. Point taken and conceded.

However, my comments should be taken in the context that Rosemary's post is, on its face at least, suspicious. She is a first-time poster and, as BSB has subsequently pointed out, seems to have some sort of link with "Fantastic Services". I suppose it's rather fitting that she has links with the gardening section. I'm sure they do turfing, but what about astro-turfing?!
Friday 4 September 2015 3.00pm
If only they were clever enough to just own up!
Friday 4 September 2015 3.27pm
If people suspect someone of astroturfing, I'd prefer them to use the "report to moderator" button rather than accusing someone publicly.

However BSB's detective work has been more successful than mine in this case and I am satisfied that this is astroturf.

Also: "Their handyman services are satisfying, you can rely on them and they operate in all of London" is simply not something a 'real person' would write on the basis of a one-off experience having a TV mounted on the wall!

Only someone with the job title of 'marketing executive' would use that sort of phrase.

'RosemaryWhite' even had the nerve to make a complaint about Gavin accusing her of being a spammer!

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 4 September 2015 3.34pm
Noted re the "report to moderator" button, James. Quite amused at her complaining about me!
Friday 4 September 2015 3.44pm
So can anyone advise on floor fitting ;-)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: