Caffè Nero coming soon on Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 4 September 2015 10.12pm
Just heard through the grapevine, the Art Gallery on the corner of Long Lane and Tabard Street are moving out due to increased rent charges and that Cafe Nero are moving in!! Just what we need... another high street coffee shop in SE1!!
Saturday 5 September 2015 3.59pm
Longranger wrote:
Just what we need... another high street coffee shop in SE1!!

Agree we don't 'need' it. I visited Advanced Graphics when they were in Deptford and it's a shame when a local business is forced out by rising rents, but I will NOT miss the noxious fumes pumped out from their basement. Waiting for the C10 on Long lane is hazardous enough without that contribution to the poor air quality!
Saturday 5 September 2015 7.28pm
I would welcome Caffe Nero in that spot. of all the coffee chains it is the one I actually like. I have walked past the art gallery every day since 2003 when it moved in and not stepped over the threshold once. I would like more independent shops/less bookies/some clothes shops/less food places in the area, but the reality is we don't seem destined to get anything different from what we already have - at least it won't be another estate agents.

i'm sure it will go in Caffe Nero regularly and it would bring some life to that area of The Borough.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: