New film set locally

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 7 September 2015 2.25pm
Miss You Already, which comes out towards the end of this month, seems to be mainly filmed in SE1. The Lord Clyde is featured on a couple of occasions, one of the main characters appears to work in BOST's "log cabin" on Redcross Way, the Before I Die wall in Flat Iron Square is used and several other locations round and about our area.

It's a real tear-jerker but very well done, starring Drew Barrymore, Toni Collette and Jacqueline Bisset; worth seeing for the locations alone whether or not you're into such things.

No connection, I was just lucky enough to be invited to a preview last week and was very pleasantly surprised by the locations.

PS. Take tissues.
Tuesday 8 September 2015 12.58pm
I am glad to hear it is good. They used my flat for the Green room when they were filming and I have been looking forward to seeing it. I saw the trailer last week and I see it is going up on the side of busses.
Monday 14 September 2015 12.39pm
Excellent! My excitement at Crade to Grave was pricked a little when I found out it was filmed in Manchester. This would also explain Toni Collette's presence at Maltby St Market this time last year
Monday 14 September 2015 12.48pm
The Grauniad has been a bit rude about it:

'The pop-filled soundtrack and glossy London locales aim to paper over the cracks in the script but just serve to make the film seem even less memorable. It feels like an adaptation of a chick lit novel you’d be ashamed of reading or a loose remake of Beaches, aimed purely at the least discerning of female viewer. Women deserve more than this and so does Toni Collette'.

Oh well, still probably of interest if you recognise the locations.
Monday 14 September 2015 8.50pm
I love Cradle to Grave! I've read Going to Sea in a Sieve and loved that too, made me laugh out loud. Looking forward to Going off Alarming. Music brilliant (a new Squeeze album on the way) and it brought me back to the days of my youth, all around Bermondsey & Rotherhithe, where I come from . It may be filmed elsewhere but it's got the flavour just right IMHO. :-)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: