Handyman SE1 recommendations?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 9 September 2015 9.02am
We are looking for a reliable handyman in SE1 to do a bunch of odd jobs - hanging cupboard doors, water blasting patios, new handles on kitchen units etc at our properties in the area. If anyone has any recommendations we would really appreciate it! Thanks
Monday 7 December 2015 6.27am
Hi Bron-1,

I'm hoping you've managed to get your 'To-Do' list sorted. Please do bear us in mind for next time.

We're a local handyman service for Southwark and we tackle Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Painting and Decorating plus quite a few other things too.

Our website is www.southwarkhandyman.co.uk where you can see a full list of what we do.

Best wishes,

Steven Hammerton-Reid
Handyman
Southwark Handyman Services
0203 793 7921

Steven Hammerton-Reid
Handyman
www.southwarkhandyman.co.uk
0203 793 7921
07565 674180
Monday 7 December 2015 10.12pm
Not SE1, but SE16, Rob, 07950 190530, is very good and prompt.
If he says he'll be there at 10.00, he's there at 10.00.
Pricewise very good too, he put a light fitting back up for me that was proving difficult because the plasterers who did the ceiling slapped the plaster on thick, and I couldn't get the fitting into the space they left.
He also put my new taps in on the bath and hand basin, in double quick time.
While doing that job he discovered that one joint had been slowly leaking, it was smothered in plumber's mait from its original fitting.
He said, "I've got one indoors, I'll go fetch it, and fit it, no additional charge."
Thursday 17 December 2015 1.50am
I would also recommend Rob.

I posted asking for a handyman some time ago, and Rob was the first to respond.

He did a number of small jobs for me and he's really good.

Reasonable rates, arrives on time and excellent quality of work.

I'll be using his services again soon!
Friday 18 December 2015 2.43pm
Same here! Used Rob to fit an electronic cat flap, quite a tricky job that involved some serious looking drills, and he did it in half the time I thought he would, and could easily have charged me double, but didn't. Excellent quality of work. Now please no one else recommend him otherwise he'll be too busy :-)
Friday 18 December 2015 3.30pm
If this is the same rob I had contacted (he had advertised on here from time to time), unfortunately I could not recommend. Kept changing appointment time, in the end cancelled the job completely. Real chip on shoulder...was actually very disheartened by the experience.
Friday 18 December 2015 7.41pm
Hi shadthamesgirl,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with another handyman. If in future you need a reliable, polite and trusted handyman, please don't hesitate to get in touch with myself at Southwark Handyman Services. I'd be only to happy to help. I'm also based in the borough, so short notice appointments are sometimes possible.

For more info go to www.southwarkhandyman.co.uk or call 0203 793 7921.

Best wishes and seasons greetings,

Steven Hammerton-Reid
Wednesday 30 December 2015 5.48pm
With over 8 years of experience in all types of plastering interactive and external render, kitchen fitting, painting , ,tiling ,polish plastering ,plastering, and all general building work, maintenance, house renovation.

All work guaranteed high standard finish, good rates from friendly and easy to get on person.
call me on 07821704335 or mail me on beseliana_2000@yahoo.com
Tuesday 5 January 2016 9.32am
I would echo most on here with a shout out for Rob. Late last year he came by and has done a few jobs for myself - toilet cistern, blinds, lights, shower replacement and so far so good. Very reliable and upfront, not usual characteristics from the trade.
THG
Saturday 9 January 2016 1.45pm
Wanted to add to this thread as we decided to use Steven from Southwark Handyman Services after finding him on here and then checking out his website and Facebook page.
He came out today to fix our bathroom cabinet door. He was quick to respond and very friendly. Trustworthy and had fair pricing. Seemed very knowledgable as he explained everything to us.
We will continue to use him as it's important we feel safe with who we use. We feel very safe with Steven and his high quality of work.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: