Bricklayers Arms Latest

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monkey Magic
Thursday 9 May 2002 11.08am
TfL have now published their plans for the roundabout, including the location of the new cycle routes, street-level crossings, and pedestrian access. The works will begin in JUNE 2002, and will take 5 months, apparently.
Thursday 9 May 2002 3.14pm
I remember Monkey Magic!! WKD! the pig used to scare me though. And it was always so sad at the end. Beneath that martial arts surface there was definitely a darker side. (Sorry, nothing to do with the roundabout, but I'm sure that is of interest too) - m
h-dub
Thursday 9 May 2002 6.23pm
cheers, Monkey magic, I'm interested in the roundabout plans, that is after all what this forum is sposed to be about.(SE1 stuff)

christian, david and marcelle - why don't you just email each other direct, cos I'm getting bored of your banal messages....
Friday 10 May 2002 4.54am
Yes I saw the small sheet of paper that passed for a map, got out my magnifying glass to decipher the legends and streets, still could not figure it out, if I have read it right there will be a combined cycle/ pedestrian route in Bartholomew street.
I e-mailed one of the names mentioned to request a larger map, and have arranged to meet one the gentlemen responsible on home ground (i.e. the pub!) to discuss the various plans. He said that he would also try to get a colleague to attend and explain exactly what they are doing.

I asked if he would object to one or two people attending with me, not a large body of people en-masse, but perhaps three or four neighbours, he said no... so I am mentioning it to a 'few' neighbours!

He sounded very nice and to be fair answered my e-mail so promptly I was amazed ; I was expecting one back after the it had been finished.

Ah the wonders of technology, all I wanted initially was a larger map.......now at least I have someone who I can ask all the relevant questions face to face!
Friday 10 May 2002 12.32pm
please explain how my messages are banal, I think they are original and funny.
anon
Friday 10 May 2002 1.12pm
Nobody else thinks so......
The Lady Miss Jo Jo
Friday 10 May 2002 1.16pm
I like them - they make me smile.
Friday 10 May 2002 4.43pm
Thankyou Miss jo jo you make us smile
Saturday 11 May 2002 1.42pm
hub cap, if you are so interested in the plans for the roundabout, why haven't you asked any questions about it? and it must be difficult to bore someone who shows an interest in round abouts, david you should be proud.
I have an A-Z you could share
Dav
Monday 13 May 2002 9.34am
Jan / Anyone else who wants to actually discuss about the Bricklayers

- Any further details on what the plans involve? Presumably the minging subways will be closed forever!
- Does this mean crossings at each of the roundabout roads?
- Are there any additional add-ons apart from the installation of crossings? (Apart from the removal of the railings!)

Worth repeating that this is one change that TfL deserved credit for - when completed, this will make a real difference to local residents, and to local shops where people are currently reluctant to brave the night!

Dav
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: