Family law solicitor for reasonable price

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 16 September 2015 9.21pm
Hi all,
I am in a desperate need of finding a family law solicitor for a reasonable price.
Please, message me on here or email on if you know of someone.
Thank you, Anna.
Wednesday 16 September 2015 9.49pm
"Family law" is a generic title and has several sub-specialities: matters to do with children (which has its own sub-sub-specialities); divorce/dissolution and financial matters consequential upon divorce/dissolution of a civil partnership; injunctions, etc, etc. An expert in financial matters may not be an expert in matters to do with children.

A reasonably priced family lawyer probably won't be based in SE1, though you're probably best approaching a firm that undertakes predominantly publicly funded (legal aid) work as their private rates are usually cheaper. Philcox Gray (Newington Causeway - 020 3207 2074) are a very highly regarded firm and their rates are likely to be more palatable than, say, Anthony Gold. Margaret Hatwood, in particular, at Anthony Gold is amazing but her hourly rate is upwards of 300. NB: I have no affiliation with Philcox Gray, but I previously worked for Anthony Gold.

As an alternative, if your requirement is straightforward - you just need some advice or a document drafted, or perhaps assistance at a court hearing - I would be happy to help in a professional capacity. I have 14 years' experience in family law and regularly assist litigants in person as a professional McKenzie friend. My hourly rate is 40 and I am happy to work on a fixed fee basis.
Wednesday 16 September 2015 11.22pm
The University of Greenwich legal school offer free legal advice. The caveat being it's from students, but it is supervised by Solicitors, so indirectly you will get free representation from the Solicitor. This could be useful if you need to send letters making claims, etc.
Wednesday 16 September 2015 11.25pm
Hi Gavin,

Thank you very much for your message.

I pm you but can't see it in my sent items so am worried whether you received my message or not. I hope you did. Please, let me know and if not I will message you again or I can phone if you provide your contact number please.
Thank you,
Wednesday 16 September 2015 11.32pm
Hi Anna

Hopefully you have just received my PM in response.

Best wishes

Wednesday 16 September 2015 11.33pm
Hi AD,

Thank you very much for your message. It's most helpful. I have never heard that they offer free legal advice. I will certainly contact them tomorrow to find if they can help me.
Thursday 17 September 2015 2.54pm
Hi Anna - my wife and I used Adams Law on Mile End Road a while ago to deal with a family law (divorce) matter. I'm afraid I don't have enough experience of solicitors and their fees to sensibly comment on the relative reasonableness of Adams' charges, but they dealt with our matter competently. In case it's relevant to you (as it was to us), I would mention that they have a Polish paralegal on their team.
Friday 18 September 2015 12.13am
Dear neighbours,

I would like to share my experience with using the services of Gavin Smith (see post above).

Mr Gavin Smith has been able to assist me with my issue in a very professional, efficient and experienced way. Very quick responses and excellent advice! He was professional and pleasant at the same time. So far I can't thank him enough for the sound advice I received. The letters he wrote for me are also written in extremely professional way.
My case is still pending and I will carry on engaging with him.
I would recommend him to anyone who is seeking legal advice.
Thank you Gavin Smith!
Friday 18 September 2015 7.02am
Thanks for sharing

Friday 18 September 2015 8.23am

Just wanted to add that I am not associated with Gavin Smith in any way but I was very happy with his assistance and thought to let everyone know incase my post sounds too good :)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: