Motor bikes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 27 September 2015 12.05pm
Does anyone have any idea what on earth is going on in and around Southwark Street? Since around 8am what looks like 100s of motor bikes have been riding back and forth up and down the street - probably a circular route, but it's Southwark Street I overlook, so I don't know where else they're going to and from. It's driving me nuts - the noise is awful and more or less constant. Might help me calm down if I knew what was going on!
Sunday 27 September 2015 1.10pm
Its the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride - http://www.gentlemansride.com/
Sunday 27 September 2015 1.17pm
They came down Waterloo Rd, I didn't see them but I heard them alright!

There must've been some good old beasts among that lot, the bikes I mean.
Sunday 27 September 2015 5.08pm
boroughonian wrote:
They came down Waterloo Rd, I didn't see them but I heard them alright!
There must've been some good old beasts among that lot, the bikes I mean.

Yes, there were some beautiful old bikes. It was quite noisy and they were around a bit longer than last year, but what the hey.
Sunday 27 September 2015 5.34pm
They were everywhere I went when trying to avoid them! The Strand, the Embankment; everywhere. Some amazingly beautiful bikes that looked like the were very expensive. I agree, the noise was awful and the smell of petrol fumes was even worse. Not sure it's that cool to be taking selfies though and smoking pipes when traveling on London roads!
Sunday 27 September 2015 9.12pm
These noisy Bikers raised £1000s for prostate Cancer infact millions have been raised.
Monday 28 September 2015 9.10am
I thought it was great, but then I do ride an old motorbike! I walked up with my daughter just to watch them ride off. If you're into old bikes there were some very rare old machines there, Vincents, Velocettes, Nortons etc. The London ride raised over £85,000 and the marshalling from what I saw was very well done.

It's happened for the past few years and I hope itís on again next September.
Monday 28 September 2015 10.15am
Michael P wrote:
I thought it was great, but then I do ride an old motorbike! I walked up with my daughter just to watch them ride off. If you're into old bikes there were some very rare old machines there, Vincents, Velocettes, Nortons etc. The London ride raised over £85,000 and the marshalling from what I saw was very well done.
Monday 28 September 2015 10.16am
Michael P wrote:

Agreed. I love old motorbikes, although I haven't had one in years :(
Monday 28 September 2015 11.16am
Retro rather than an old beast, but
beautiful nonetheless.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: