Hatfields Green ASB

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 29 September 2015 7.04pm
This weekend the Friends of Hatfield Green found that a large area of the turfed mound nearest to the football pitches had been stamped on by what looked like a herd of Elephants with studded football boots.Over the past few months we have experienced ASB by these so called footballers on a grand scale with absolutely no action is taken by Colombo Centre Management who seem to be in denial as to what is actually going on.They have broken our newly installed gate to the wildlife area on several occassions, climbed over our fencing, destroyed our compost area and completely trampled down 100's of newly planted shrubs.They consistently urinate in the corners and believe it or not today one of the footballers actually asked if he could use our wildlife area to urinate.
This open space has recently benefited from 200,000 of section 106 money provided jointly by Lambeth & Southwark and we are fighting a losing battle to stop these footballers from completely wrecking it.
IT is time they accepted responsibility for the damage their customers have caused and paid for the necessary work to be done, they are getting an income from their business and the Friends Group have no income
Tuesday 29 September 2015 9.36pm
I am a member of the gym at Colombo, and will pass on your complaint to the manager there if this would help. So sorry to hear of this behaviour by people who should know better.
There are toilets at Colombo, so no reason for anyone to pee on your wildlife garden.
Tuesday 29 September 2015 9.58pm
JazzyQ wrote:
I am a member of the gym at Colombo, and will pass on your complaint to the manager there if this would help. So sorry to hear of this behaviour by people who should know better.
There are toilets at Colombo, so no reason for anyone to pee on your wildlife garden.

It's just laziness, isn't it. Is it an option to put some discrete portacabins near the pitches?
Tuesday 29 September 2015 10.09pm
JazzyQ unfortunately the Manager is well aware of what is going on but not a lot of action.Today believe it or not one of the players asked if he could go in the wildlife area to urinate , I told him to use Colombo, he said he would not bother
Tuesday 29 September 2015 11.23pm
As a Friend of Hatfield Green, I am so discouraged by the damage that has been done to this newly refurbished park. Colombo Street and Coin Street are well aware that their clients are causing damage to the Green and yet they have done nothing to try to limit the damage. Every time I go up there to do some gardening ?I have to dodge the balls that come flying over the pitches at great volume and the footballers don't seem to notice that they are trampling over plants when they go running out of the pitches to get the ball back. I was nearly hit on the head a couple of weeks ago. Hundreds of plants have been trampled on and killed. I have put in a formal complaint against the ASB of their clients; let's see what happens.
Wednesday 30 September 2015 11.44pm
OHRA I got a reply to my complaint; lots of excuses but no real apology. Pretty much saying that ASB is a police matter so not really taking any responsibility. I don't quite understand who owns these pitches do you? I know there is a link with Coin Street Developers but do they own the land the pitches sit on because that was once part of the Green wasn't it?
Thursday 1 October 2015 7.48am
My children used to play football there 10 years ago or so, and even back then, although the coaches made an effort to accompany children to Colombo street, many would wee in the park. In my opinion, Colombo Centre have a duty to provide a solution for this. There is a building right next to the pitches where they used to do Kung Fu classes and which I also believe is used (owned?) by Nautical School. Can they not make an arrangement with the owners of that building? Otherwise a couple of portacabins might be a solution. Not sightly, but it would help. When you're in teh middle of a game, Colombo Centre is just a walk too far...
Thursday 1 October 2015 9.18am
Fit blokes playing football, a minute jog to the Colombo centre to use the toilets. I think the centre have provided a solution.

All they can really do is make sure that people are told the obvious, ie: don't pee everywhere and leave the flowers be.

Why not put some signs up, explaining that there's children around and perfectly good toilets a 30 second jog away, did I say a minute? The children thing should do it, I reckon. Perhaps the Colombo centre would help with that.

RE: who owns the pitches, years ago, there was one big pitch there, I always assumed it was Peabody owned. I wonder if it was and they sold it?

PS: whatever happened to "under head height"?
Thursday 1 October 2015 9.34am
boroughonian wrote:
Fit blokes playing football, a minute jog to the Colombo centre to use the toilets. I think the centre have provided a solution.
All they can really do is make sure that people are told the obvious,

Obviously they haven't. Making sure that people are told the obvious and ensuring they do the obvious, obviously are 2 different things as well.
Thursday 1 October 2015 9.42am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
boroughonian wrote:
All they can really do is make sure that people are told the obvious,

Obviously they haven't. Making sure that people are told the obvious and ensuring they do the obvious, obviously are 2 different things as well.

They should now there have been complaints.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: