R.I.P. Denis Healey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 3 October 2015 10.16pm
Lord Healey, a Labour Peer, died today aged 98.

The silence from our Southwark Labour representatives is deafening: it is almost as if they do not belong to the same Labour Party that Denis poured his life into.

Go figure what their political priorities are...
Sunday 4 October 2015 12.07am
RIP

Had he of become Labour leader in 1980, I think this country would look a lot different today. But they went to the left, and the rest is history.

Depressing.
Sunday 4 October 2015 12.12am
boroughonian wrote:
RIP
Had he of become Labour leader in 1980, I think this country would look a lot different today. But they went to the left, and the rest is history.

Depressing.

Nevertheless, none of our SE1 Labour representatives have uttered a single word on Healey's demise.

What can all of you SE1 forumers deduct from this?
Sunday 4 October 2015 1.23am
Can we have a tribute first then a nitpick later?

I'm loathe to use the term "he's still warm" but, he's still warm.
Sunday 4 October 2015 2.13am
my first thought was " was he on spitting image"
Sunday 4 October 2015 12.42pm
Tell you what Jules, you do have a point.
I have just looked up John and Coyle's twitter accounts and there is absolutely nothing. I looked up some random Labour MPs accounts and they all say something in tribute to Healey, very strange, it's not like they haven't been tweeting.

I don't know what to deduce from this? Quite odd when you think his political enemies can find a minute for him.
Sunday 4 October 2015 5.24pm
boroughonian wrote:
Quite odd when you think his political enemies can find a minute for him.

What is sad, is that Healey's political enemies reside mostly within the Labour Party.

If you look again at the Newington Ward councillors' twitter accounts and their websites, you will also find a strange silence (apart from the 'de rigueur' standard congrats) on the fact that Corbyn is now their leader.

The party conference was barely acknowledged by our ward councillors: a sign of cowardice if I ever saw one...
Monday 5 October 2015 12.20pm
boroughonian wrote:
Tell you what Jules, you do have a point.
I have just looked up John and Coyle's twitter accounts and there is absolutely nothing. I looked up some random Labour MPs accounts and they all say something in tribute to Healey, very strange, it's not like they haven't been tweeting.

I don't know what to deduce from this? Quite odd when you think his political enemies can find a minute for him.

This might be off-topic (and apologies if it is), but I'm wondering whether silence is our new MP's modus operandi. I've attempted to contact him twice - once by e-mail and once by post - without even an acknowledgement, let alone an answer to my question.

Is anyone else having more success?
Monday 5 October 2015 12.42pm
Rambling Phil wrote:
This might be off-topic (and apologies if it is), but I'm wondering whether silence is our new MP's modus operandi. I've attempted to contact him twice - once by e-mail and once by post - without even an acknowledgement, let alone an answer to my question.

It would seem so. I previously tried to contact him and got nothing back until it was too late and only after complaining publicly on this forum.
Monday 5 October 2015 2.06pm
Southwark voted in Labour, what more can I say!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: