Sunday roast

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 4 October 2015 2.21pm
had dinner in The Grange pub grange road bit pricey but lovely dinner would recommend will defo go again
Sunday 4 October 2015 4.46pm
Yea, 15, not my idea of a community asset, but still.

Granola at 4.50, hang 'em high!
Tuesday 6 October 2015 10.43am
Yes the Grange is good but it's too over-priced for a pub. They are charging prices you'd see in Bermondsey Street restuarants, which I think is a mistake. It needs to stand on it's own and offer something different and go for a slightly lower price-point and then we'd go there more often.
Tuesday 6 October 2015 1.47pm
I like the Grange and it always seems busy for Sunday Lunch, so I'd say they've got their price-point about right.
Tuesday 6 October 2015 2.39pm
If the food is actually good, 15.00 is not an outrageous price for a Sunday Roast.
Tuesday 6 October 2015 6.06pm
yeah well don't go to The Three Stags on kennington rd. i went there last weekend they charge 16 odd quid for the roast and an extra quid for a yorkie!! the roast potato were dire and the veg consisted of three green beans!
rant over.
Wednesday 7 October 2015 9.48am
I've not been to the Three Stags since, a few years back, they charged me as much for a soft drink as for a beer.

As far as I can tell, they're not particularly interested in repeat business, but focus on trade from tourists from the hotel opposite and the Imperial War Museum.
Wednesday 7 October 2015 10.00am
Guy's street wrote:
I like the Grange and it always seems busy for Sunday Lunch, so I'd say they've got their price-point about right.

Depends what community we're talking about here, I agree it's not outrageous. I bet that dog grooming place down the road is busy too, but that doesn't claim to be a community asset.

I'd still rather see the Grange as it is now though, rather than flats.

I think the Three Stags does something for pensioners on a Sunday, it's always full just after opening time.
Decent food in there during the week.
Wednesday 7 October 2015 10.02am
tom tom wrote:
yeah well don't go to The Three Stags on kennington rd. i went there last weekend they charge 16 odd quid for the roast and an extra quid for a yorkie!! the roast potato were dire and the veg consisted of three green beans!
rant over.

I see it hasn't changed much since 2012 then. In fact it seems to have been serving up the same grossly overpriced rubbish since 2008. Reviews

It must be doing something right for it still to be in business but I have no idea what!
Wednesday 7 October 2015 10.37am
boroughonian wrote:
Guy's street wrote:

Depends what community we're talking about here, I agree it's not outrageous. I bet that dog grooming place down the road is busy too, but that doesn't claim to be a community asset.

I'd still rather see the Grange as it is now though, rather than flats.

I think the Three Stags does something for pensioners on a Sunday, it's always full just after opening time.
Decent food in there during the week.

I don't know the detail, but presumably to be a community asset it still has to operate as a profitable business? The new management have done a great job in turning the Grange from a real eyesore (inside and out) into a very attractive building which serves a section of the community very well.

Ultimately, no pub is likely to serve all parts of the community for a variety of reasons, so the Grange shouldn't be criticised for trying to appeal to a demographic that is willing to spend money that will keep the pub afloat.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network