Recommending our builder and carpenter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 16 October 2015 5.21pm
Just wanted to recommend the absolutely lovely guys who we found via an SE1 Forum recommendation for some building and carpentry work.

Dan very quickly grasped our requirements over the phone and came round promptly with his carpenter colleague, Pete. They were very friendly and polite and it was apparent they had the knowledge and skills required to complete the work. They gave us a (not cheap, but fair) price and start date, within 30 minutes of leaving and we appreciated that they were able to accommodate us in a very tight time frame - due to delays caused by being let down by other tradesmen.

On the day, they arrived earlier than expected - a never before experienced situation! - and were understanding of courtesies to neighbours re noise and cleanliness. Both Dan and Pete worked tirelessly for the entirety of the day and were incredibly diligent in checking precise measurements and requirements. As well as this, they were VERY patient with me not being on very good form! I can't believe how hard they worked with such short breaks - and they even asked me if I needed anything when they popped out, bless them!

Dan repeatedly checked before leaving that the quality of the work was OK with us and that we were happy with the state of our flat and communal areas. After seeing the quality of their work and how hard and long they worked, as well as them completing the work in one day to minimise disruption to us, we felt their price offered very good value for money. Another tradesman has commented on the quality of their work, which of course is very reassuring to us!

We will be engaging Dan for future plastering work and correcting a previous tradesman's poor plastering and we will be contacting Pete to request his carpentry skills for a bespoke piece of furniture and cupboard making. We are incredibly impressed with their professionalism, diligence and skill and I recommend them without hesitation.

I have no other connection to them.

Dan Defreitas
07872 642 023
http://www.mybuilder.com/profile/view/defreitasc
http://www.defreitasconstruction.co.uk

I would also like to mention some other builders - who we contacted on the basis of Forum recommendations - as they were also very pleasant and professional. Due to our time pressures, we were unable to proceed with them, but were impressed with them and have saved their numbers for future use:

Yilmaz
07876 494 411

Ben Byrne Builders
07850 024 165

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: