Crossing the E&C

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 20 October 2015 12.02pm
The nightmare of the E&C roundabout continues apace. Jackhammers day and night, bollards everywhere. The tunnel from the Tabernacle to the Shopping Centre has finally closed, so now anyone trying to get across the E&C roundabout has to fling themselves into the traffic..or walk half a mile one way or another to get from a to b. I called TFL and registered my dismay. It is, I pointed out, a matter of days before we start reading "fighting for life" articles in the Evening Standard as people are too cold, wet, late, etc to wait, and will chance it to dart through the traffic. I suggested that since we have been informed that this mayhem will not end before April of next year, we should have temporary crossing installed...this cannot amount to any great sum of money. My call was duly this space.
Tuesday 20 October 2015 6.14pm
I did this run with 4 kids on the way to tennis class at Geraldine Mary Harmsworth Park yesterday, formerly a 5 minute safe walk, now a terrifying stopover on several islands in the middle of the road. Kids thought we ought to paint on a few zebra crossings in useful places ourselves.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: