Southwark Park Fireworks

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 21 October 2015 8.43am
I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere, but I heard last night that the annual fireworks display in Southwark Park is now a ticketed event.

Tickets are free (as long as you have access to a printer, otherwise there's a 2.50 delivery charge) and you can order up to 6 online via seetickets.

It's always very busy so I can see why they're trying to control numbers but it would be nice as a Southwark resident to get some kind of notification about this change as otherwise I'd have just turned up without a ticket and been turned away.
Wednesday 21 October 2015 1.40pm
It was in the last Southwark Life magazine that you needed a ticket.
Tuesday 27 October 2015 8.40am
Suggests here http://www.seetickets.com/event/southwark-s-fireworks-night/southwark-park/915173/ that tickets are no longer available - anyone got any more information?
Thursday 29 October 2015 1.45pm
Southwark Council have been tweeting this week that they gave away 21,000 tickets but they are now all gone i'm afraid.
Thursday 29 October 2015 10.06pm
kevinruairi wrote:
It was in the last Southwark Life magazine that you needed a ticket.

How is this magazine distributed? I've lived right on the edge of the borough for more than a decade and I don't think I've ever seen a copy delivered through my door.
Monday 2 November 2015 5.14pm
i wonder if this has the potential to be a problem as people will turn up not knowing it is all ticket-i work over in Victoria and the bus gets packed with people in Lupus street and onwards taking thier kids there as it is free. I hope it is all well managed but if experience in prior years is anything to go by....
Monday 2 November 2015 5.36pm
Can be seen well pretty well from a distance, such as the waterside near the Canada Water Library/BHS/Tesco in Surrey Quays shopping centre.
Tuesday 3 November 2015 2.20pm
dee dee wrote:
i wonder if this has the potential to be a problem as people will turn up not knowing it is all ticket-i work over in Victoria and the bus gets packed with people in Lupus street and onwards taking thier kids there as it is free. I hope it is all well managed but if experience in prior years is anything to go by....

This was really the point I was trying to make in my original post - I don't open Southwark Life magazine, fair enough if it was advertised in there and I've since had a flyer through the door, but I bet a huge amount of people who normally go don't live in the Borough and may well have missed the information.

Lets hope it isn't total carnage on Thursday!!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: