Fuckoffee

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 22 October 2015 8.09am
I read this morning that their landlord has told them their sign is too offensive and must be taken down.

I did always think the name was an unnecessary part of what was a good coffee shop.
jpm
Thursday 22 October 2015 9.33am
However, their twitter feed is quite amusing at the moment, with a lot of good lawyer jokes....

https://twitter.com/fuck0ffee

I particularly liked the toucan one
Thursday 22 October 2015 9.45am
Thanks for sharing, JPM. That was an amusing read. However, the serious matter is that the sign is offensive and they were politely asked last year to remove it - I think there is a thread elsewhere on the forum - and I seem to recall that the council wrote to them asking for it to be removed. I for one hope that it is removed so that I don't have to explain to my six-year-old daughter what that rude word is.
Thursday 22 October 2015 10.31am
Good, I've been boycotting it, they were obviously smoking too much the day they put that up. Fine for Pam Ann, but not for kids to see. I might start darkening their doors again..
Thursday 22 October 2015 10.51am
Their twitter feed reads like it was written by some very hard-done-by teenagers with all their "no humour please we are British" bravado. I don't find Fuckoffee as a name offensive, just a bit try-hard.
Thursday 22 October 2015 3.01pm
It us now subject of a vote on the ITV website.

I think it is a silly name, not particularly funny. I can also understand that some people would be offended - especially those with kids

having said that the deteriorating standards and service are probably a bigger concern.
Thursday 22 October 2015 5.04pm
I find the name about as lame as their coffee.
Thursday 22 October 2015 5.21pm
lullylush wrote:
I find the name about as lame as their coffee.

I stopped finding using sweary words funny when I was about 15. is that their target market? Oh well, at least drinking coffee keeps da yoof off nitrous oxide.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: