Head Up suspicious behavior round cash points

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 22 October 2015 1.11pm
Hi SE1 ers
For those living near the CO-OP on SBR and use the cash points there and outside the shop - on Great Suffolk St, almost opposite The Chip Shop.

On Sunday night around 7pm- I went to use the cash point on Great Suffolk St on the side where the butcher's , Terry's Café etc is. On doing the transaction I became aware that there was a man on a bike very close behind me, I was alerted first to the very strong smell of alcohol. There was no money in the machine. So I walked around the corner to the cash point at the CO-OP. As I was doing that I became aware that the man on the bike was close behind me again ( very close) and he had obviously followed me, I decided to cancel instead of drawing out money. When he realised this- he started swearing at me and rode off.

This man was- Caucasian, 40-50s. Brown hair- red faced. Stinking of booze and when he stated swearing obviously slurred and drunk. He had on a dirty Dell boy type (sorry Dell Boy) sheepskin coat and his bike was ordinary handle barred ( not a modern racer)

So just heads up on this. Take care.
Thursday 22 October 2015 1.37pm
Thanks for the heads up Kory
Thursday 22 October 2015 2.35pm
Ditto. Thanks.

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 22 October 2015 2.36pm
Have you reported this to the police?

Sounds like something the Cathedrals ward safer neighbourhood team should be aware of.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 22 October 2015 5.51pm
I often see drunk people being quite aggressive on this stretch of road at night, sometimes even not wearing shoes. I cycle past but would not want to be walking there. I always wondered if there wasn't a homeless shelter there, in the building with red windows right opposite the British school of Osteopathy.
Friday 23 October 2015 12.17am
That a hostel Connie- not sure the criteria to live there. Funnily or not funny really- there used to be a homeless unit at the back of my home - and aprt from a few lads on the streets outside they never gave the residents a peep of agro indeed- they were all very lovely. James - I did not report it- but think I may do a heads up- having been a big supporter of cathedrals- they kinder have been a bit rubbish lately re a few incidents but yes I should. Shouldn't I? Yes I should
Friday 23 October 2015 8.30am
Kory you should report it and thanks for alerting others to the situation. Just for the record, another cash point which can be a bit dodgy to use is the Sainsburys one in Blackfriars Road, next door to Pret. Often see people hanging around there watching people withdrawing money.
Friday 23 October 2015 2.18pm
Thanks am emailing Cathedrals now

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: