Pickpockets - Borough High St!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 26 October 2015 12.53am
Just a warning to anyone who uses BHS on their way home. Was approached on Thurs eve by two asian looking lads. I'd had a few to drink so was a little tipsy. They approached me outside the bus stop opp Chicken Cottage & next to late night paper shop & asked for a cigarette. I didn't have any but they acted very 'over-friendly', patting me on the back & putting their arm around me. Think they realised I was a little worse for wear. As I left I checked my pocket & realised my phone had gone. Went back to them & grabbed one by the arm. He surrendered it back quite quickly. They said they were from Tunisia. I left them after that, more annoyed than anything.

Next evening(Fri) was on my way home & I'm very sure I saw them again. This time outside Subway taking a cigarette of a guy in a very similar state to me the night before. Again they were patting him on the back acting very over friendly. I was moving at pace so didn't stop, wish I had. Be worth bearing in mind if they are still operating in the area. Stay safe people...
Monday 26 October 2015 1.49pm
Thanks Slushy
Monday 26 October 2015 3.16pm
I keep seeing beat bobbies walking up BHS, Ihave just now, i'm sure if they are made aware of the problem they will sort it.
Monday 26 October 2015 4.02pm
I've been aware of pickpockets whilst I was walking past the tube entrance on the eastside of Borough High Street, some unnecessary jolting and physical contact that a few minutes later made me instinctively check my wallet, to find it was dangling outside my inside jacket pocket. I'm temporarily physically disabled so I think they must be choosing victims who they consider vulnerable.
Monday 26 October 2015 5.47pm
Don't ever let strangers physically touch you.

If they do, push them away hard and pat yourself down in the places you keep your valuables.

These are not muggers (ie: robbers), they simply are simply opportunist thieves.

If they realize you are onto them they will move away.
Wednesday 28 October 2015 8.05pm
As I've stated, I was a little worse for wear so looks like these boys are targeting the inebriated. Doubt they would've approached me otherwise. Pretty sure there are a lot of opportunities in BHS on a midweek eve. The only authorities I ever see on BHS are the PCSO's & they're usually eyeballing some illegally parked pregnant mother of two nipping in to sainsburys for a pint of milk on a weekday morning! I'll let you know if I pass by them again & see if I can report them next time...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: