Motor bikes

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 31 October 2015 7.53pm
Saturday evening about 7.30 DOZENS of motorbikes on the Elephant and Castle roundabout. Anyone know WTF??
Saturday 31 October 2015 8.02pm
Not sure about tonight(they came down Kennington Lane before reaching you)but have noticed an increase in motor bikes and their accompanying noise in the last year. I'm not sure if its a result of the large bike shops in Vauxhall but they are a pain! As well as the noise that also race at high speeds, which resulted in a death of one of them on Kennington Lane this year.
Saturday 31 October 2015 8.10pm
I agree that there's a general uptick in motor bikes and the addition of the tall buildings makes the noise reverberate...but this was unusual. There were at least fifty, maybe more, bikes all in convoy. The racket was terrifying. By the way are there NO regulations regarding how much noise these animals make? They seem to rejoice in removing their silencers and deafening us all.
Saturday 31 October 2015 10.34pm
Tweet from Lambeth Police
https://twitter.com/LambethMPS/status/660582028035956736

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 31 October 2015 11.00pm
Many thanks jackie r & James H for info & links. Interesting to know that there is a London wide issue with bikes and noise. There is also an issue about bike rider safety as the dent in the tree outside my flat can testify to.
Sunday 1 November 2015 6.29am
Thanks James...glad it's not just me being paranoid.
Monday 2 November 2015 11.00am
Thanks emmab, that explains a lot!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: