Family brunch place recommendation?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 November 2015 12.15pm
Hello! I am looking for a birthday brunch place in/around SE1. We are two families with 4 young kids between us (2...8 years old). Ideally, somewhere a bit more special.

Thought about one of the places in the Shard but not sure it's child-friendly (apart from obviously being v. expensive!).

Any other recommendations? Thanks a million!
Monday 2 November 2015 1.12pm
How about Blueprint Café? If you get a window table, the views are awesome. Especially if you are there when the bridge goes up (which you can check on the Tower Bridge website).

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 2 November 2015 3.19pm
How about El Vergel in Southwark Bridge Road?
The place is nothing special, but they have big tables, the food is interesting and it's very child-friendly... that's why I stopped going :)
Monday 2 November 2015 5.33pm
Thank you, will check both out!
Monday 2 November 2015 8.37pm
Hixster Bankside is good, very relaxed, not too expensive, they serve brunch all day and children under 10 eat free from 12-6. Quite a decent kids menu and art activity pack. We've been a few times and enjoyed it.

http://www.hixterbankside.co.uk/
Monday 2 November 2015 9.09pm
Thumbs up for Hixter. You're indoors with no view other than the art (which I like, and I like the interior in general), but service is great, especially with kids, and the food is excellent, as long as you like chicken or steak (and I love their steak and their roast beef).
Camino at the bluefin is also great with kids and has good food and service if you fancy a tapas brunch.

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 3 November 2015 4.04pm
I'd second the recommendation for electronic Vergel.

Also Koza, by the war museum on Kennington Road is child friendly.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: