Tescos?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 21 May 2001 10.11am
I hear a rumour that there's going to be a new Tescos in Bermondsey/London Bridge - is this just a vicious rumour or will we really finally get a good local supermarket?
Monday 28 May 2001 11.23am
I got called by a market researcher, working apparantly for Tsco, who was asking about shopping habits. (Give us a butcher in Lower Marsh, I say!) I also hear that Sainsbury's are revisiting their plans for something in Stamford St. They were going to display them at an exhibition at the Waterloo Action Centre last week, and then pulled out. I sort of like the combination of Iceland, Coopers' Health Food Store, Konditorei and Cook, and market stalls, so cannot get too worked up.
sarahb
Tuesday 29 May 2001 3.54pm
There is supposedly going to be a supermarket on the London Bridge City site, once built...
Sunday 3 June 2001 11.15pm
Well a bloke in the pub told me tonight that it is in fact a sainsburys and it is to be beuilt next to the new GLA building with an army and navy.
Monday 4 June 2001 8.45am
The More London organisation advised that as part of the development next to Tower Bridge there would be one of the four phases which incorporates a new supermarket - but not for a couple of years, as the GLA Egg and other buildlings will be done first.
donna
Wednesday 20 June 2001 1.01pm
Thanks for all your supermarket info.. much appreciated.. still slogging to the old kent road for a while then.
Thursday 12 July 2001 11.28am
thanks for the info - I have to find a supermarket near the Travel inn - or a non-exorbitant offlicence - to buy for a conference opening and closing drinks event...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: