Post Problems

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 17 November 2015 11.34am
Hi,

I live on Tabard and recently our long serving postman has been replaced by a series of temps. I've been concerned I haven't had mail delivered as usual and yesterday my neighbour found my post dumped in our communal entrance. I've reported this to Royal Mail and they are contacting Mandela Way. Has anyone else had this problem?
Tuesday 17 November 2015 11.50am
Yes, we had the same problem at Quadrant House some time ago.
We took photographs of the bundles of letters dumped on our front steps, sent them to our then MP Simon Hughes, and he arranged meetings with Mandela Way to sort the problem out for us.
Very distressing, especially since some of us have been the target of identity fraudsters here.
Good luck sorting it out mavis80
Tuesday 17 November 2015 11.56am
Hi mavis80. Sadly, you are so not alone. Here is a hundred page thread of proof that the post-people are worthless morons.

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/134133/198007#msg-198007

Nowhere near the worst was one I had a few weeks ago. The postwoman knocked on my door to tell me she didn't have her glasses and could I read some addresses for her. I discovered later he had already posted letters for various addresses to my neighbour. She wasn't aggressive though which is lucky given the staff at Mandela Way.
Tuesday 17 November 2015 6.33pm
Mavis
See thread as beetroot advises - this is a daily occurrence have just re-reported to Ceo office this is chap dealing with it ben.ferguson@royalmail.com I suggest you email him - I have spoken to him he seems decent.
Wednesday 18 November 2015 11.29pm
I was excited to receive a letter today sent from the House of Commons. Finally, a response from Neil Coyle to an issue I raised at his drop-in surgery last June. My excitement was short lived, as on on reading the letter I realised it was not for me but for someone else on Tabard Gardens - same number but different house. I consoled myself by opening a package containing a purchase from eBay. Or rather, not containing a purchase from eBay - a small, clean incision in the bottom of the package leads me to think the item was stolen in the post...
Thursday 19 November 2015 6.21pm
Peter- I have just had an item lost/ stolen by Mandela Way of an ebay parcel ( 2nd delivery for me -so we know RM had it) contact ben.ferguson@royalmail.com he is investigating this for me!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: