Blackfriars Road - Delays

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
npt
Wednesday 18 November 2015 9.40am
Due to the roadworks down Blackfriars Road at the moment, itís generally taking 35-40 minutes to go half a mile from The Crown on Blackfriars Rd up to Blackfriars Bridge during the morning peak hour. Bus Drivers donít always let you off in between stations, especially with roadworks around, so your best advised to get off at The Crown and walk the 10-15 mins up to Blackfriars South and get back on a bus there. At the intersection of The Cut, the lights are green for around 5-6 seconds at a time, which seems absurd but they just wouldnít be able to fit more than 1 car through there at a time without blocking off the intersection, with the way the traffic is backed up.
Wednesday 18 November 2015 11.18am
What time in the morning are you seeing this? At 7:30 ~ 7:45 things are pretty good, despite the best efforts of the road works.

I agree the lights really need sorted at almost every junction of Blackfriars Road.
npt
Wednesday 18 November 2015 11.19am
Literally just after that time, from 7:55 onwards
Wednesday 18 November 2015 1.22pm
It's chaos when I walk across it at around 8:45am. And now they've swapped some of the side roads over, it's causing even more near misses. I've literally just watched two cabs hurtling towards each other around the blind bend on Boundary Row.
Wednesday 18 November 2015 6.59pm
its chaos at St Georges Circus and St Georges Road as well-my bus journey has doubled in time due to the ill thought out changes
Wednesday 18 November 2015 8.02pm
I've found the same problem this week going through between 7.55 and 8.15. As I commute to King's Cross from Old Kent Road area, the 63 bus is the only sensible route but it's been taking me an extra 30 minutes every day and the buses often terminate at Clerkenwell Road, leaving me with a 20-minute walk or waiting another 10 minutes for the next bus going to King's Cross. I could walk to work faster and sometimes I do, but I don't want to have to do that every day until March. Very frustrating.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: