Holiday rental 28/12 to the 6/01

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 18 November 2015 11.23am
Hello. I hope you are well. I live in Shad Thames and I am looking for a place to rent for 1 week around this area(from the 28th of December to the 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th of January). I live in 1 bed apartment and my spare sofa is already taken by my sister, so I have no room at all to accommodate my mom. I have been looking at AirBnB at prices are crazy so my mom can't afford (she is from France and the euro is very weak at the moment). If you know any B&B or any short rental solution (at an affordable price) I would be very grateful as I am really struggling to find a solution.
Many thanks in advance. Best, Cristina
Wednesday 18 November 2015 1.09pm
Why don't you give your bed to your mum and get yourself a comfortable blow up mattress (that's what I always did when I was younger) and you would all be together.
Wednesday 18 November 2015 2.28pm
Hi Connie, thanks a lot for your suggestion :) Unfortunately this doesn't help. My bedroom is not available (my fiance and I) and the sofa bed is already taken unfortunately. Otherwise I would definitely have made a plan for my lovely mom!!! Many thanks, I hope someone can help. Cheers
Wednesday 18 November 2015 4.00pm
That's a difficult one: it's one of the disadvantages of living in central London.
Did you consider locations short train distance from London Bridge?
I'm thinking places like Forest Hill or Hither Green: I guess AirBnB is a lot cheaper there?
Wednesday 18 November 2015 6.47pm
How about Rest Up Cristina? It's the old Driscoll house new Kent road. Or if mum is eager for adventure The Dover Castle pub in great Dover street! Most backpackers,students go home Christmas ?
Wednesday 18 November 2015 8.31pm
St Christopher's have a woman's only hostel on Borough High Street.

However I would try to fit her in on the air bed on the floor, next to the sofa. I am rather mean though.
Wednesday 18 November 2015 10.27pm
You could try the LSE Student Hall - Bankside House. they rent out rooms over the holidays. It is open over Xmas and I assume it will be cheaper than a hotel. Plus it is right behind Tate Modern so pretty handy.

Good luck!
Thursday 19 November 2015 6.16pm
Thanks so so much for your very helpful answers, you are certainly helping a lot :) It looks like after all I will be able to find a decent & affordable option for my mom :) THANKSSSS

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: