TBR area Traffic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 24 November 2015 10.14am
Here is a copy of my reply to TFL when I asked when they were reinstating the yellow box markings at the TBR and Grange Road junction. (meant to be Nov 11-12)

"I notice the work has still to commence on this junction? The only work I have witnessed has still failed to enable the bus or trucks to negotiate the corner of Grange Road from the Tower Bridge Road slip road turning East without swinging into oncoming traffic on Grange Road this traffic is stuck in the outer lane due to a bus lane at this point. Ironic that one bus lane should hold up another bus?

In any case I have noticed the traffic in this area has become increasingly gridlocked. I wrote this at 9:53 am on a weekday, there are bad traffic jams on Grange Road, Abbey Street, Long Lane, Tower Bridge Road, Bermondsey Street and of course The Old and New Kent Roads. This area is seeing roadworks for the new bike lanes but only to the extent that the new lanes will shut off traffic flow anyway.

I am forced to use my vehicle for work (large boot full of heavy equipment), there are many road users that are forced to use their own vehicles and don't have the luxury of cycling or public transport, I leave home between 7 and 9 and it is become extremely hard to predict a time of arrival.

I do hope that your TFL researchers are going to tinker with the traffic flow in this area because this chaos is an almost daily occurrence now."

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: