Borough Market Choir are Homeless - Can you help?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 25 November 2015 9.40am
Hello SE1-ers,

After 4 happy years rehearsing at Cathedral St in the market, Borough Market Choir find themselves homeless as the Museum of Food has taken over our rehearsal venue. It is a temporary exhibit but we can’t guarantee that the venue will be available to us afterwards and so we’re looking for alternative accommodation.

We rehearse on Thursday nights 6.30 - 8, we are almost 50 members and have a budget of about £50 a week... does anyone have any ideas?

Can anyone help with some recommendations, in or around Borough? We have had plenty of temporary venues in pubs, meeting rooms, offices, even in Southwark Cathedral but can't find anything permanent, and we are getting desperate!

All advice gratefully received!

Thanks in advance,

Lara x
Wednesday 25 November 2015 10.04am
Bermondsey village Hall?

the Welsh chapel also has a hall for hire-i believe they are home to Borough chamber choir already so maybe big enough?
Wednesday 25 November 2015 11.50am
What about the church hall in Colombo Street?
Wednesday 25 November 2015 11.58am
Thank you, three great ideas already! Keep them coming everyone, it is so much appreciated! Lxxxx
Thursday 26 November 2015 2.07pm
The Miller on Snowsfields often advertise their upstairs room as free rehearsal space. I have no idea whether it's big enough for 50 though.
Thursday 26 November 2015 2.14pm
The Salvation Army hall in Elephant and Castle?

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/places/southwark-salvation-army
pg
Thursday 26 November 2015 3.31pm
Hi Lara,
We have a TRA hall you're very welcome to use. I'm not sure about 50 people, nor the acoustic but you are very welcome to come and have a look. It might be fine.
It is on Gray Street, off Waterloo Road.
Friday 27 November 2015 1.52pm
Borough Welsh Chapel, 90 Southwark bridge Rd. www.welshchapel.com
Friday 27 November 2015 3.01pm
Thanks everyone, so many helpful suggestions. I will look into each of them and hopefully we will find somewhere! L

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: