B and Q

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Saturday 28 November 2015 9.36am
Don't hold out too much hope for the store if the consultants can't even get the location right..since when has Middle of Old Kent Road been Peckham?

Related news & features

Zoe
Saturday 28 November 2015 10.25am
It's a discussion we often have as I have friends living close by. It's SE1 so I say it's Bermondsey.

I will be sad if the B&Q closes as it's a very useful, if rather badly run shop.
Saturday 28 November 2015 10.54am
I agree Zoe, I was amazed 101 people are employed, the rare occasions I go there you'd be hard pushed to see 20.. Top whack!
Saturday 28 November 2015 11.52am
Zoe wrote:
It's a discussion we often have as I have friends living close by. It's SE1 so I say it's Bermondsey.
I will be sad if the B&Q closes as it's a very useful, if rather badly run shop.

I agree, I've (happily) spent quite a bit of money in there on all kinds of stuff, from paint over tools to plants.
Jac
Saturday 28 November 2015 2.10pm
can't say i like the shop as such but it is very useful and we do get most of our DIY stuff from there (which is a fair bit) so it will be a real inconvenience if it goes .
Saturday 28 November 2015 3.22pm
If it did go which I hope it doesn't ,hope nd pray they put a Wilkos there...everything you need, if they haven't got it they get it next day delivered to store or your home for a tiny fee.plants,seeds,paint,gardening tools,everything in fact...
Saturday 28 November 2015 4.31pm
On-line retailing is offering us an opportunity to develop the Old Kent Road away from suburban shed retail into something more suited to a central London location.
Something more akin to mixed used; housing and a reasonable amount of employment at all skill levels please.
Zoe
Saturday 28 November 2015 4.41pm
I have to disagree, I feel it would be a very different type of shop if it was suburban shed retailing, (though I have to say I love that term and will steal it) and we need places to buy things locally with B&Q the best place for DIY equipment. I also use the Halfords and Pets at Home regularly. You just can't get everything online.

If we get housing it will be too expensive for anyone to buy and we don't lack employment here, it's the training and skills that people lack to get the jobs. I would rather expand the retail park and put more shops in.
Saturday 28 November 2015 6.57pm
Hi graham ..bit worried do you know something we don't! And where can we buy seeds, rakes,lawn mowers ,more importantly where would we go to get the correct shade of wallpaper and paint...just because we live in central London we still have the need to get out in the open and plant things, and a rake on line does not let you know how heavy or unwieldy it feels. Who ever reads this..if there is houses built would you want to live next door to the constant odour of McDonalds, as tasty as it is to some people .
Saturday 28 November 2015 10.56pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Don't hold out too much hope for the store if the consultants can't even get the location right..since when has Middle of Old Kent Road been Peckham?

B&Q have always called it their Peckham store. Also, have a look at this (zoom in to B&Q):

http://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/cgi-bin/seatdetails.pl?seat=Camberwell%20and%20Peckham
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: