SE1 Tube Stations - Fender Strat

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 2 December 2015 10.10am
Hi All,

Fender is to release a batch of its iconic Stratocaster guitars showcasing the London Underground map.

Among the various stations featured, three are located in SE1: Waterloo, Lambeth North, and Southwark.

Shame Elephant & Castle doesn't appear on these axes: including it would have been appropriate, given its rock 'n roll credentials.
Wednesday 2 December 2015 10.47am
A major oversight
Wednesday 2 December 2015 5.42pm
How cool ;)
Wednesday 2 December 2015 10.40pm
I am more of a Gibson man myself
Thursday 3 December 2015 1.45pm
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

The SG, with its flat body, is a guitar that makes a great canvas, as can be seen in Clapton's Cream era guitar:

Too bad Gibson didn't enter in a partnership with TFL...
Friday 4 December 2015 12.49am
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

The SG, with its flat body, is a guitar that makes a great canvas, as can be seen in Clapton's Cream era guitar:

I don't mind Fenders, I just prefer Gibson because they're a bit heavier. I have a Gibson Les Paul and an Epiphone SG. When I bought the LP it was a very close call between her and the SG, si I promised myself one day I'd own both, but economics, as well as the fact that I now want a Gretsch as well, forced me to go for the cheaper Epiphone version. No regrets though, it's still a beautiful guitar. I assume you're a guitarist yourself? Do you play in a band, or just for yourself?
Friday 4 December 2015 8.33am
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:
Jules62 wrote:
eDWaRD WooDWaRD wrote:

I now want a Gretsch as well, forced me to go for the cheaper Epiphone version. No regrets though, it's still a beautiful guitar. I assume you're a guitarist yourself? Do you play in a band, or just for yourself?

Epiphone (actually owned by Gibson) makes fine guitars that have been used by many top artists, including The Beatles.

No: I'm not a guitarist, keys are my game:

However, I love the guitar and without it music just wouldn't be the same. I wish I had decent guitar skills...
Friday 4 December 2015 11.10am
Jules62 wrote:

Epiphone (actually owned by Gibson) makes fine guitars that have been used by many top artists, including The Beatles.

Yep, absolutely love my SG.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: