Vauxhall in the 1970s

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 6 December 2015 5.14pm
Hi everyone, I grew up in Vauxhall in the 1970s and although I moved to Camberwell in 1979 I still went to caine hall youth club and Alford house....Just wondered if anyone is still in.the area.from those day.....I went to st marks primary school opposite the cricket ground
Sunday 6 December 2015 5.31pm
I also used to work at quartermans windscreens which is still there, and remember my dad taking me to see star wars and one of the cinemas which are now gone....ibalso remember the Charlie Chaplin pub next to the shopping centre....great memories....it's all changed.....if you look on you tube type in we WERE.the Lambeth boys and wfast forward it to 1:13:10....it was filmed right where I lived ...dolland street/Alford house etc.....I actually knew some of the kids in in too.....I hope someone from the.old days is still about and gets back to me
Monday 7 December 2015 1.24pm
The charlie chaplin pub was not in Vauxhall - no where near it, it was in the elephant
Tuesday 8 December 2015 11.15am
chelsea190512 wrote:
The charlie chaplin pub was not in Vauxhall - no where near it, it was in the elephant
thanks for your reply Chelsea but as you can see from my second post I mention the.cinemas which have gone, so obviously I.m not talking about Vauxhall as there weren't any and also the shopping centre, again there wasn't one, so quite obviously I.m talking about the elephant and castle.....how else would I know of the Charlie Chaplin pub ???? And as for Vauxhall being no where near the elephant is Again completely wrong as its only a short walk up the road and still part of where I grew up....it's just a shame I.didn't get a.proper reply to my post instead.of someone who thinks they know the area better than some one who grew.up there.....thanks anyway
Tuesday 8 December 2015 12.03pm
Jason I loved the Lambeth boys...made me feel young again, the boys looked so smart w he n they went out with the girls , them girls having such lovely hairstyles. It is so wonderful that technology has advanced so much where ordinary people have instant access to their young lives...thank you for reminding me of it.
Tuesday 8 December 2015 1.36pm
Jan the old one wrote:
Jason I loved the Lambeth boys...made me feel young again, the boys looked so smart w he n they went out with the girls , them girls having such lovely hairstyles. It is so wonderful that technology has advanced so much where ordinary people have instant access to their young lives...thank you for reminding me of it.
.....hello Jan, thanks for your reply, I.m glad it brought back memories for you.....are you from or still live in the area....my dad Vic used to run the snooker hall at Alford house and knew Mick Saunders very well
Tuesday 8 December 2015 2.56pm
jasonhall wrote:
chelsea190512 wrote:
The charlie chaplin pub was not in Vauxhall - no where near it, it was in the elephant
thanks for your reply Chelsea but as you can see from my second post I mention the.cinemas which have gone, so obviously I.m not talking about Vauxhall as there weren't any and also the shopping centre, again there wasn't one, so quite obviously I.m talking about the elephant and castle.....how else would I know of the Charlie Chaplin pub ???? And as for Vauxhall being no where near the elephant is Again completely wrong as its only a short walk up the road and still part of where I grew up....it's just a shame I.didn't get a.proper reply to my post instead.of someone who thinks they know the area better than some one who grew.up there.....thanks anyway

Well seeing I grow up near vauxhall and went to school near vauxhall park, then i think i do know the area -
Tuesday 8 December 2015 3.38pm
chelsea190512 wrote:
jasonhall wrote:
chelsea190512 wrote:
The charlie chaplin pub was not in Vauxhall - no where near it, it was in the elephant
thanks for your reply Chelsea but as you can see from my second post I mention the.cinemas which have gone, so obviously I.m not talking about Vauxhall as there weren't any and also the shopping centre, again there wasn't one, so quite obviously I.m talking about the elephant and castle.....how else would I know of the Charlie Chaplin pub ???? And as for Vauxhall being no where near the elephant is Again completely wrong as its only a short walk up the road and still part of where I grew up....it's just a shame I.didn't get a.proper reply to my post instead.of someone who thinks they know the area better than some one who grew.up there.....thanks anyway

Well seeing I grow up near vauxhall and went to school near vauxhall park, then i think i do know the area -
....good for you...merry.Christmas
Tuesday 8 December 2015 7.29pm
Jason after we all left home Mum and youngest brother moved down black prince rd., massive new block called Coverly point, near the embankment, bad move from The Borough it was first experience of Pay Parties starting 10 o'clock Friday night till 5am Monday morning! Endured that he'll for five years,then moved back to the peace of our area. We used to go pub In Lambeth walk which had some great characters in. Then ventured to the old Vauxhall tavern, where the entertainment would rival sunday night at the palladium! And that was the customers as well as the stars on the stage, I was puzzled why a stunning blonde came out the gents toilet!
Tuesday 8 December 2015 8.19pm
Jason, I do apologise for maybe jumping down your throat, however your posts were atad mis-leading

anyway do you know vauxhall grove, fentiman road, wyvil school where i went form 65 - 70

Jan - i went to beaufoy after that and still used to walk down BProad each friday lunchtime until my company moved to canary wharf in aug

OMG -how i miss stamford st, borough high st, southwark rd,and all the back streets - oh sob sob sob
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: