New E&C road layout appears to be working?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 22
Monday 7 December 2015 8.53am
I must admit I thought new road layout at E&C would lead to huge problems this morning but so far things appear to be moving (though I know 1 morning doesn't prove much). I'm not a driver, anyone had a spin through E&C this morning? Was it confusing?
Monday 7 December 2015 9.24am
The junction itself isn't working too badly - but the impact of the capacity reduction is being felt on Old Kent Road and Walworth Road (and further afield)

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 7 December 2015 9.25am
Massive tail backs so not sure it can be said to be working yet
Monday 7 December 2015 9.56am
It has now taken 30 minutes to get from Tower Bridge Road to E&C on the bus (and we're still stuck in the new E&C "horseshoe") so it certainly isn't working yet.
Monday 7 December 2015 10.41am
Traffic along OKR, Grange Road and Tower Bridge Road horrendous this morning. Took more than 30 minutes for bus to get from outside ASDA OKR onto Tower Bridge Road at Grange Road junction. It's not great most mornings at peak hour but worse than normal this morning so, on that basis, I'd said the new layout is having an impact elsewhere. Hopefully it will improve!
Monday 7 December 2015 11.23am
can you imagine how long it must be taking for the rest of the traffic if taking that long with bus lanes
Monday 7 December 2015 12.45pm
I've not been to try it yet, but what's it like for pedestrians?

I noticed from the stop-frame video that TfL put out and James highlighted in a news story that there doesn't seem to be any near direct route from the shopping centre side of the top of the New Kent Road to the London road.

How big a diversion are we expected to make?
Monday 7 December 2015 2.12pm
Rambling Phil wrote:
I've not been to try it yet, but what's it like for pedestrians?
I noticed from the stop-frame video that TfL put out and James highlighted in a news story that there doesn't seem to be any near direct route from the shopping centre side of the top of the New Kent Road to the London road.

How big a diversion are we expected to make?

The only routes I've found are half way down the New Kent Road or way down pass the Tabernacle. I can only assume footfall must have dropped in the shopping centre as a result.
Monday 7 December 2015 2.26pm
You can walk across the former roundabout to get from the shopping centre to the Bakerloo line entrance on London Road.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 22

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network