SE1 post - lack of deliveries have been waiting on a lot of things recently..

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Tuesday 8 December 2015 2.58pm
So have been waiting on a lot of things recently.. Very sporadic deliveries and so on.

Spoke to a postman who said there is a huge backlog as the number of people doing deliveries has been reduced dramatically.

Wanted to know who best to contact about this and was told Nicola Blake at the main SE1 office - [number removed at Royal Mail request]

So just sharing if anyone has had the same problems..
Tuesday 8 December 2015 10.31pm
We have had the same issue in Santuary Street. I spoke to a post man yesterday who said that one of his co workers had been ill and they were only just delivering a bag they had kept back from last week. I had mail Monday before last and then no more until last night at 7.30pm. So one delivery a week in central london!! The postman said something I didn't understand which was that he got paid overtime for delivering mail at night which I have to admit made me a bit suspicious as I have only received mail at around 7pm for the last few months. Does anyone know if this quite understandable desire to get overtime is actually effecting our deliveries in the day??
Wednesday 9 December 2015 1.26am
if we get post (i live just off the Cut) , its normally around 1400-1500 . And just getting mail that was posted from the UK 10 days ago
Wednesday 9 December 2015 10.41am
we have started to get problems with interception fraud again- someone trying to open credit cards in our name and intercepting them in the post-seems to be a reoccuring problem at Mandella when ever they take on xmas temps i have Equifax now and this time picked 3 attempts up to open accounts-i have reported it but suggest be aware if expecting cards
Wednesday 9 December 2015 10.42am
We too on the east of Blackfriars Road have had no delivery since last week. We subscribe to various weekly publications which should arrive on Friday -but none have been delivered!
Wednesday 9 December 2015 1.13pm
Same situation on Mint Street (off Marshalsea Rd). We've had one delivery in the last week - I emailed a complaint via the Royal Mail website, in the absence of knowing what else to do.
Wednesday 9 December 2015 1.25pm
We live on Hopton Street and have also had no mail for over a week.

The postman advised there are not enough people to do deliveries and are only delivering parcels at the moment.

We are waiting on a couple of chequers which have been posted which is very frustrating.

Also this is surely a breach of RM responsibility under the universal service provision?
Wednesday 9 December 2015 2.45pm
dee dee wrote:
we have started to get problems with interception fraud again- someone trying to open credit cards in our name and intercepting them in the post-seems to be a reoccuring problem at Mandella when ever they take on xmas temps i have Equifax now and this time picked 3 attempts up to open accounts-i have reported it but suggest be aware if expecting cards

i had a problem with this at a previous address, one way to help stop this is by asking experian and equifax to put a password on your credit file. Then if someone tries to open a credit card, loan etc with your details , they can't as the credit card company will contact the applicant and ask them for the password
Wednesday 9 December 2015 4.27pm
Post just off of Borough High Street is an occasional "luxury"!
Wednesday 9 December 2015 5.00pm
Just off Blackfriars Road - no post since Friday. I'm waiting on parcels too - and cheques. So the old Christmas tradition remains - tardy deliveries and thieving toerags! It doesn't happen with Amazon or Hermes and it's so frustrating! Where's my postie gone? Has he been stolen too? :-))
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: