The Cut closures

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 17 December 2015 11.32am
I live off The Cut and the closure of it for about five days or so will be inconvenient for me but even more so for Tesco and Sainsburys.

Do you have any more information ?

Such as will the whole street be closed off in both directions at the same time or parts of the street at different times.
I have family visiting over the next week or so and would like to give them accurate information regards dropping off points for cabs.
Thursday 17 December 2015 10.04pm
Where are you seeing this? I can't find anything.
Thursday 17 December 2015 10.10pm
Just seen it on the other post, odd that I couldn't find anything else online.

"From 04:00 Saturday 19 until 16:00 Wednesday 23 December, there are closures of The Cut in both directions for Cycle Superhighway works"

Thursday 17 December 2015 10.55pm
I imagine it won't be a complete closure, as the works will only be at the Blackfriars Road end.

It's most likely that only through traffic will be affected, with local access maintained from the Old Vic end of the street.

The way its worded (closures plural) suggests that it could be a series of short blockages rather than a total shutdown.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 18 December 2015 9.04am
Thank you James.
It would seem Zoe had the same problem as me - not being able to find the item on TfL website - that's why I had to resort to asking our fount of all local knowledge.
And you came good again. Thanks.
Friday 18 December 2015 9.14am
It's in TfL's weekly bulletin for freight operators, which i find a good place to check for roadworks etc:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 21 December 2015 8.17pm
It definitely seems to be an ongoing closure rather than a lot of short blockages. The traffic is going down Hatfields instead, making it impossible to drive in the opposite direction. It is also at all times of the day and night as I can always see a line of red tail lights if I get up in the night (who knew The Cut got so much traffic at 3am).

All of this for a closure we got no notification for, I never saw any signs for (I stop to read signs!!) and we wouldn't know about without James' eagle eye. I wonder if TFL feel embarrassed that they can't even tell us about a closure right next to their own building.
Monday 21 December 2015 9.09pm
I suspect they didn't even tell emergency services. I saw two ambulances turn left into Joan Street and go back up The Cut via Hatfields.
Wednesday 23 December 2015 7.20pm
Bottom end of The Cut now open.
Thursday 24 December 2015 2.17pm
With changed signal priorities, which seemed to confusing drivers who went right on a red. Am hopeful that won't keep happening!
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: