Borrow a car for xmas?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 23 December 2015 6.17pm
This is a long shot but does anyone in the SE1 area have the ability or desire to loan our family their car for xmas day? We have a 5 month old and 2.5 year old kids and wanted to see family in Farnham just for the day but all rentals are booked up or asking crazy prices.

We are a 33 and 45 year old married couple, full drivers licenses, no penalties. Happy to pay for the opportunity to get a Christmas wish granted.

No worries if not, just thought it was worth a try.

Merry Christmas - Jess, James and family x
Wednesday 23 December 2015 11.09pm
Have you considered a car club ie Zipcar or City Car club?
Thursday 24 December 2015 9.10am
Yes, all zipcars locally are booked. All cars available locally on drive joy (like air b'n'b for cars) are booked.

I know it's unlikely, but wanted to give it a try :)
Thursday 24 December 2015 12.36pm
Is there still car hire in Druid street? Can't think of name...they used to be reasonable and very good cars.
Thursday 24 December 2015 1.33pm
Carpoint on mewing ton causeway always used to be good value

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 25 December 2015 1.42pm
Probably too late to post but even if you found someone, insurance would probably rule it out anyway. The owner could not accept a fee for hiring the car under usual insurance terms and expect it to remain valid - I imagine you would have wanted to be a "named driver" plus the nightmare which would arise if there was any at fault claim would likely leave the owner nursing a large bill (loss of no claims). I'm very happy to lend a car to friends, family and the like but I would be wary of an Internet randomer!
Saturday 26 December 2015 6.16pm
This site for car hire looks quite good :

https://www.easycar.com/
Monday 28 December 2015 11.24pm
I had wanted to do this type of thing with my car, but it ends up being too dear.
The garaging alone was 80 a month - I sold it!
I joined Zip Car, had my first hire yesterday, and it all went very well, I rented the car all day for the cost of a month's garaging.
Click here for a special offer to join Zip-Car

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: