Veterinary Clinic in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 January 2016 9.29am
Having recently moved into the area with two cats, I would be keen to know if there are any recommended veterinary clinics by any of the locals in the area.

I am based by Waterloo, but happy to travel a little distance for a good clinic
Tuesday 5 January 2016 9.47am
Just off SE1 but very near to you in Kennington Road is Goddard's vet - I've tried the others in SE1 but nowhere near as good as Goddard's. I've got a rather neurotic cat and they are very good with him. Lovely people and I'm extremely satisfied with their services.
Tuesday 5 January 2016 10.50am
Andrew Kirby 79 grange rd. you could hop on number 1 bus drops you literally outside. Been there years, were very good with dog and various cats.
Tuesday 5 January 2016 11.17am
Thanks for the responses. I will call both to see who can take my boys in. Thanks for your help.
Tuesday 5 January 2016 8.26pm
saddly andrew kirby's is no more, it's a medivet now,big corporation with a very bad reputation.
Tuesday 5 January 2016 9.40pm
Oh I never knew that Max, what a shame...
Wednesday 6 January 2016 8.16am
We have been using it since it became Medivet and we haven't had any problems. The vets all seem ok and it's the same vet nurses as before. Obviously I can imagine as a chain they are more profit orientated, but it doesn't seem to get in the way of delivering a service.
Wednesday 6 January 2016 11.33pm
max33 wrote:
saddly andrew kirby's is no more, it's a medivet now,big corporation with a very bad reputation.
I take my cat to this one and have done for years. I tried goddards once and was a bit disturbed by all the horse and cow preferred business. Unless I'm thinking of that one near Stockton tube?...

However, the jury's out on the new medivet ownership. I'm sure they are more expensive now,although the staff assured me they were not. My cat was lucky this time as the new vet was great and we didn't have to see the scruffy and unkempt locum they had in that day! Which makes me want to take my cat elsewhere in case it's not always the case there's a choice. My recommendation is to check which vet you're booked in to see and perhaps avoid that scruffy locum (my first impression of him was not good).
Thursday 7 January 2016 12.03am
The Goddard's I go to in Kennington Road is full of dogs and cats - never seen any horses or cows there unfortunately! And the staff are well turned out, no scruffs there :-)
Thursday 7 January 2016 9.55am
I've booked my critter into the Medivet in Southwark. I believe it is still Andrew Kirby, but taken over by Medivet (according to various internet posts) So they have retained the name to some extent and the staff.

Hopefully it's not as disastrous as Goddards, who seem to have quite bad feedback .
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: