Puppy training

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 6 January 2016 7.27pm
Can anyone recommend a puppy training class, or 1-2-1 puppy trainer in the SE1 area?
Wednesday 6 January 2016 9.29pm
Good luck !

I remember having a staffie pup from 6 weeks old about 20 years ago , ripped up carpets , holes chewed in walls , bins overturned , phone ripped off the wall , clothes ripped up including a designer leather jacket etc etc

luckily with some firm training she calmed down :)
Thursday 14 January 2016 10.40pm
Pop into your local vets and look at the notice board. Goddards in Kennington Lane definitely had some ads when I was there last.

The practice nurses might be able to recommend someone too.
Thursday 11 February 2016 8.54pm
Years ago when I had dogs from pups we trained them ourselves, love and kindness, calmness and they will give you the world back. Pups are children, and need to learn, but they wont learn over night, some pups like children take longer then others, the pup will follow the owner in personality and how they react to things. The first thing you need to do is get pups attention. Keep them close to you when walking in street to stop at roads etc. Show them gradually from their toilet tray lead it over to the back door so they know that eventually they will be going toilets in garden. when they eat stroke them so they know they can trust you with their food and you wont take it from them, that way they wont be possessive over their food. The hardest part is when you pop out and leave them indoors, they will chew up things as they think you have left them and they get really stressed, this takes some time for them to know you will be coming back. May be walk out the room at ten mins a time leaving them in a room alone, and do it so many times a day and then increase to 20mins etc and see how that goes. Eventually they will get used to the fact of being alone but you will be back. But dont leave them for hours as I dont think this is fair on them. hope this helps...
Thursday 11 February 2016 8.56pm
When I see puppy training schools I always imagine little pups with their little cases going off to school and their packed lunches. how cute. my humour.
Wednesday 27 April 2016 5.39pm
Thanks to @SE1dogwalker's post above, we've been working with Oil Juste for a few months http://www.olijustedogtrainer.co.uk

Highly recommend Oli! He's helped us with our 6yr old rescue dog. We find that he is personable, professional, fun and effective! Oh and he's great with our dog. He uses modern proven methods with a focus on positive force free exercises for teaching good behaviour. We meet in our home as well as out in parks etc. He also has some videos on youtube where you can preview some of his work. (that's also how we decided to meet with him)

We've learned much more from him than expected, as sessions include video examples as well as practical exercises. Often we feel he trains us just as much as the dog!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: