Las Congas club 516 Old Kent Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 10 January 2016 11.58am
Wednesday, Thursday ,Friday ...alcohol supplied from 9am to 6am according Southwark news . Rest of the week 9am to 2am.

Regulated entertainment..ditto

Late night refreshment 11pm to closure as above. Late night refreshment to me meant the Pie stall near tube at elephant years ago.

It's a New premises Licence. I don't know how many people's homes are nearby but with those hours if your working and people leaving the club may be noisy, oh boy.

Makes a mockery of the cutting down on boozing and behaviour on the street! Bring back licensing hours and alcohol that is more expensive than soft drinks! This place may have been opened for years without trouble, but then I don't live nearby, just genuinely puzzled how licensing can agree to those hours
Monday 11 January 2016 4.02pm
"Late night refreshment to me meant the Pie stall near tube at Elephant years ago".(Jan The Old One). Yes I remember it ias Billy Coles Pie Stall, on London Road, just outside the Bakerloo Line Station at Elephant & Castle. A favourite late night stop for pie and chips and a mug of tea from a large "tea ern?"(spelling).
He would put the pies on top of it to keep them warm. Once ordered he would flip them over and cut them into quarters (you didn't get the choice as a I remember)! Then shove the brown sauce bottle in your direction. Taxi drivers, partygoers, Mods coming back from the Soho clubs jossled in the cold night air. All standing, no seats.
He did have competition though, Georges pie stall opposite the church, on the corner of Borough High Street. Would love to see pictures or hear any stories of anyone "frequenting" these fabulous places.
Monday 11 January 2016 5.55pm
Lewins in the good old days when people worked and had to be up early , and pubs had ten minutes 'drinking' up time your boyfriend would drive to the stall park almost on top of it! Then you would eat a steaming hot pie with the sauce and gravy spilling over almost burning your chin...your boyfriend would take a handkerchief from his top pocket and carefully mop up your face, you'd yell at him because he was taking off your orange Tango lipstick at the same time..oh to be back there again...what characters were at the stall...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: