Gregorian Pub 4.10 am waste collection

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 12 January 2016 5.33am
I live very near to the Gregorian Pub on Jamaica road. Their rubbish skip area is located to the rear of the property bordering the residences of the Dragonfly apartments. Their waste and bottle collections are generally daily or every second day at around 4.10am.

Is anyone else disturbed by this? The hydraulic truck is there for about 30 seconds only, however the noise it makes as well as the sound of the bottle bank being emptied into it is completely inappropriate for the time of night.
I contacted the council some time ago and they were quite helpful in advising what I should do, which was to talk to the pub. but that didn't help.

Anyone got any advice?
Thanks
Ed
Tuesday 12 January 2016 9.32am
I sympathise! Since 240 Blackfriars Road became fully occupied, local residents have been subjected to weekday collections and deliveries starting anytime between 3.00am and 6.30am. Some of these can last 15 / 20 minutes and are back-to-back, so sleeping through the horrendous noise is impossible. As in your case, speaking to the building management has been pointless and frustrating. Southwark Council suggests keeping a log of dates, times and the names of the companies causing the disturbance. In our case we've supplied six months of data, but whether it will do any good no one yet knows.

One thing I would suggest is contacting the refuse collection company direct. We've had problems in the past with an adjoining office block and between their building manager and the refuse company we got it sorted out quite quickly. Really early collections can often be moved to a later timeslot, so it's worth giving it a go.

Good luck.
Wednesday 13 January 2016 8.25am
Hi Ed. Have you looked at their Licence? Often there is a clause about disruption to neighbours and requiring regular community meetings. If not complying you could involve the licensing dept of the council.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: