News Year = same shiote

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 12 January 2016 1.21pm
yep we have the possibility of more tube strikes - many thanks to Aslef/Unite/RMT for making my journey on these days complete hell - thanks verymuch
Tuesday 12 January 2016 8.15pm
Don't thank the Tube staff: thank TFL.

"Finn Brennan, Aslef's organiser on London Underground, said: "We'll be back at Acas on Friday aiming, and hoping, to do a deal. I only hope that TfL will turn up with the same attitude.

"A world class capital city like London deserves a 24-hour service but it needs to work for those of who provide that public service, as well as for the passengers who use it, and the management at TfL.

“London Underground needs to stop bullying and start negotiating."

An RMT spokesman said the union will attend the fresh talks in the hope of breaking the deadlock."
Tuesday 12 January 2016 10.54pm
Jules62 wrote:
Don't thank the Tube staff: thank TFL.
"Finn Brennan, Aslef's organiser on London Underground, said: "We'll be back at Acas on Friday aiming, and hoping, to do a deal. I only hope that TfL will turn up with the same attitude.

"A world class capital city like London deserves a 24-hour service but it needs to work for those of who provide that public service, as well as for the passengers who use it, and the management at TfL.

“London Underground needs to stop bullying and start negotiating."

An RMT spokesman said the union will attend the fresh talks in the hope of breaking the deadlock."

Seconded.
The overcrowded tube is one reason I cycle in all weathers..
Wednesday 13 January 2016 8.44am
Apparently, above-inflation pay rises, the creation of 700 more Tube jobs and the total protection of the work-life balance of existing staff are grounds for strikes,” he said.
“They expect our customers to pay for their excessive demands for even more money, fewer hours and a four-day week.
“No employer could allow this and strike action will change nothing. There is no more money.”
Wednesday 13 January 2016 9.00am
I'll add, ambiguously, that Bob Crowe sure left a lasting legacy.It just carries on and on and....
Wednesday 13 January 2016 11.55am
Labour mayoral candidate Sadiq Khan said Mr Johnson was to blame, arguing:
"It proves once and for all that the Tory strategy of refusing to negotiate or even meet with the unions makes strikes more likely not less."[i][/i]
Wednesday 13 January 2016 1.11pm
Then Mr Khan is wrong as have they not agreed to meet ?
Wednesday 13 January 2016 8.28pm
chelsea190512 wrote:
Then Mr Khan is wrong as have they not agreed to meet ?

The unions want to meet, but so far TFL has not stated they will attend the talks.
Thursday 14 January 2016 11.27am
well i think they have - as they meeting tomorrow with acas in attedence

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: